Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made some fender flares for my 2010 Scrambler. I used mudflaps off my buddies semi. eyeballed everything, cut with a jigsaw, used a torch to heat it all up and bend it then cooled it down to form them, used bolts and lock nuts to fasten on. They seem very strong, excited to see how well they work. I think they turned out pretty well, any other opinions??
flare 1.jpg
flare 2.jpg

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
looks pretty clean for mud flaps. but half the fun is getting muddy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I like getting muddy sometimes but other times its nice to just cruise and not get terribly dirty. hopefully they block most dirt but let me get muddy when I want to, only one way to find out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah I like getting muddy sometimes but other times its nice to just cruise and not get terribly dirty. hopefully they block most dirt but let me get muddy when I want to, only one way to find out.
My new 2013 500 HO sportsman used ro throw rocks (driveway) roads real bad . Switched to ITP Mudlights rear and Kendra executioner front an that helped a lot. I'm afraid extended flaps will make my machine too wide?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that was one thing that I was careful with, I didn't want the quad any wider than it is already, so I just went as wide as the tires. which would be difficult with a sportsman, since the fenders are already as wide as the tires, the only way to go with them is passed the tires.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Looks good. I hope your buddy does not find out what happened to his mud flaps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha those were his idea actually. cant beat free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts