Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Sportsman 400 in late August and have since added a Badlands 3000# winch, Hand guards, mirror, drawbar and ball and Polaris front and rear bumpers. I wentr with the older model rear bumper because I thought it matched the front better. It bolted right on without and modifications. Some placces on the net state it won't fit the 2013 model.

Can't see it well in the picture but I just finished the 3 light mod using a relay from Amazon. Will make night riding so much better.

Down the road I want to add hand warmers and some kind of bag or hard rear case. I am using my Garmin Legend GPS and a NUVI 200 but would like to get a new hand held unit. Right now I have to keep the wife happy and quit spending money so they will have to wait a while.
I am very happy with the 400 and have been on a couple 80 mile rides with friends and it is plenty bike for me since most of them have 500's anyway.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Beautiful bike, smart choice!! I have 3,500 km/2,188 miles on mine, bought May 2012.

I have Polaris Hand & Thumb warners on mine, very happy with them.

What brand hand guards are those?

Woukd you do me a favour and grab a pic. (Sitting on the seat) of how/where they bilt on? I would like to get a set, not sure if I have room on my bars, winch control and mirrors are bolt on also.

Thank you.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful bike, smart choice!! I have 3,500 km/2,188 miles on mine, bought May 2012.

Woukd you do me a favour and grab a pic. (Sitting on the seat) of how/where they bilt on? I would like to get a set, not sure if I have room on my bars, winch control and mirrors are bolt on also.

Thank you.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
I will grab a picture sometime this weekend and post it.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts

Thank you.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
I will grab a picture sometime this weekend and post it.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I highly recommend the TUSK brand hand/tumb warmers from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.com ,$55 shipped to my door. They are plug and play and quality built.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a couple closeup pictures of the Powermadd mount. The bars are a bit crowded, but I don't think there is anything else I would add to them. I tried the guards mainly to keep the wind off my hands. I suffer from Raynaud's disease and my hands get cold in 50 degree weather even wearing gloves. They seem to help last time I went for a ride. Still plan on getting hand warmers.

I highly recommend the TUSK brand hand/tumb warmers from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.com ,$55 shipped to my door. They are plug and play and quality built.
I will have to check these out. I like the fact they are plug and play.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Thanks a Ton Toivo!! I really like those handguards, will have to see if I can make some more room on my handlebars. I want a set, not really a fan of windshields.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My Powermadd ones don't have the mirrors and attach a little differently. They are very solid. I will take some photos this weekend when I go to the lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts