Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am following the 10 hours varying throttle and dump the oil break in.
It's what I have used for all my powersports and have never had a problem.

But anywho...at 10.1 hours I finally got on full throttle. Holy shit! I know the 850 does not have a powerband, but the difference between 3/4 and full throttle is unreal. The exhaust made a completely different sound once I got on it. It was like it was just waiting for me to open it up.

A quick analysis is that my 800 Outlander definitely has more punch from a stand still. In fact the throttle is completely different. It will throw you off the seat just blipping it.
However, the top end falls flat compared to the Scrambler. The Scrambler definitely runs stronger at the top end.

For me, and I am sure everyone is different, too much power down low is not always a good thing. My Outty is a handful to drive over rocks. But, it is a beast when coming out of turns.
However, I do like the power distribution of the Scrammy better. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I rode my buddies scrambler a couple of weeks ago and the power of the 850 and the comfort of the fox shocks made my 500 feel like a pile of shit, the new scramblers are very nice machines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup it's definitely nice to get past the 10hr mark and finally let the thing stretch it's legs! Have fun with it!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FINALLY got to ride today for 30 miles on an open trail.
What a quad! It rode over every bump and drifted over whoops. I can't believe how harsh my Outty was.
And the speed once it winds up is crazy!
I am really impressed by this quad!

·
Registered
388 Posts
good deal glad your lovin it

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
feels good huh? i love my 850. though its not a Scrammy, she still winds out for a heavy touring. and like you said, once its wound up, the power feels like it right there and you can throw the machine where ever you want.

i need to find a wrecked scrammy for the Fox Shocks and LED headlights...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts