Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone for all the advice about tires on a previous post of mine. Decided to get the Bighorn 2.0's on ITP SS312 rims. Can't believe how much smoother the radials are on the trail. Anxious to see how they do plowing my driveway. I stayed with the 25" tires, they still added a bit to the height, no spacers required. Rocky Mountain ATV delivered them to the door for under $800.00!

I aired them up to 6 psi, is that about right for trail and blacktop plowing, or should I drop it down a bit? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Looks good, Rocky MTN ATV is where I got my Horns.You should be ok with 6psi or 7. Run mine at 7 & rides really smooth.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, Rocky MTN ATV is where I got my Horns.You should be ok with 6psi or 7. Run mine at 7 & rides really smooth.
I was really surprised at how much of a difference the tires make. Much smoother ride. My original thought was just to get rims, glad the Carlisles are gone now.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I was really surprised at how much of a difference the tires make. Much smoother ride. My original thought was just to get rims, glad the Carlisles are gone now.
Yeah I've run the horns through all kinds of terrain & couldn't be happier with them. My next investment will probably be rims & a rear bumper.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Question, is your rear rack a Strongmade brand? I'd like one for my Touring but they dont make an application for it. I'm wondering if the rack they make for a Sportsman would work. How did yours mount to the factory back rack?

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Really can't beat the BH's for an all around great tire. I run them at 5 psi.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question, is your rear rack a Strongmade brand? I'd like one for my Touring but they dont make an application for it. I'm wondering if the rack they make for a Sportsman would work. How did yours mount to the factory back rack?
Not sure of the brand name. Got it from Amazon, under a $100. with free shipping. It also came with a front rack that was way to ugly & heavy, so it went on CL. I have seen the set on a few websites, Amazon was the cheapest. I cut off a 6" extension that was on the front of the rear rack because it hung over to far for my liking.
I have 4 screws that came with it holding it on. The front 2 have fender washers on the bottomside of the lock and ride holes, and go up through the mesh in the basket. The 2 rear screws go through the mesh, plastic rack and frame. Very sturdy and easy to take off for cleaning.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really can't beat the BH's for an all around great tire. I run them at 5 psi.
Thanks, I dropped them down to 5 PSI, still a great ride. I was'nt sure because the tire says 7 PSI max. Did not know if running them at the max was a good idea.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Beautiful!! Did you happen to notice if the BH's are any heavier that the stock 489's? Tires are my next upgrade.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice about tires on a previous post of mine. Decided to get the Bighorn 2.0's on ITP SS312 rims. Can't believe how much smoother the radials are on the trail. Anxious to see how they do plowing my driveway. I stayed with the 25" tires, they still added a bit to the height, no spacers required. Rocky Mountain ATV delivered them to the door for under $800.00!

I aired them up to 6 psi, is that about right for trail and blacktop plowing, or should I drop it down a bit? Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful!! Did you happen to notice if the BH's are any heavier that the stock 489's? Tires are my next upgrade.

From what I was able to find, they are as follows:
Carlisle Rear 25X11X12 - 22 lbs.
" Front 25X8X12 - 17 lbs.
BH 2.0 Rear 25X10X12 - 22.7 lbs.
BH " Front 25X8X12 - 18.4 lbs.
Of course being the curious sort, I weighed the stockers with rims- Frt. 23 lbs, R's 30 lbs.
BH's with the ITP's- Frts. 31 lbs., R's 36 lbs.
So I gained a bit of weight, probably because of the rims.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
From what I was able to find, they are as follows:
Carlisle Rear 25X11X12 - 22 lbs.
" Front 25X8X12 - 17 lbs.
BH 2.0 Rear 25X10X12 - 22.7 lbs.
BH " Front 25X8X12 - 18.4 lbs.
Of course being the curious sort, I weighed the stockers with rims- Frt. 23 lbs, R's 30 lbs.
BH's with the ITP's- Frts. 31 lbs., R's 36 lbs.
So I gained a bit of weight, probably because of the rims.
Thanks a lot. I am leaning towards Swamplite Reptile Radials right now, but who knows for sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That looks great! I also stuck with 25's when I recently upgraded. I didn't want to put more stress on the drive train or have to work with spacers. Love the way yours came out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts