Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my full set of JCCapri bushings in August of 2014 and have put a little over 2300 miles on them since. I'm pretty hard on my quad and tend to ride on some rough trails so I'm not complaining by any means.

The bolts are all torqued to spec and I've checked to make sure it's not the mounting holes. I do have one hole that is worn out on the upper right rear a arm but the ones I'm seeing the most movement out of are the lower front a arms.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go back with JCCapri or go with Garage Products. I'll probably end up going with GP just because they come with new sleeves and carry a lifetime warranty. They are a little more expensive but they'll make installing the SLC rear HD arched arms easier.

Next time I'm in the garage I'll try to get some video of the movement.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
that would be cool, we can compare bushing play with your bike. but i only have 1600 miles in my scrambler so i hope its still super tight . (-:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after getting these changed out I believe it was my sleeves that had worn out. The bushings were still good but I went ahead with the Garage Product bushings as they carry a lifetime warranty and include the sleeves. One thing I really like about these bushings is they have an oring on the inside to keep water and dirt out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
good to know they were the sleeves!

i just installed my Capri bushings after sitting in the garage for 3 years. i made up some 4130 Chromoly Sleeves and hardened them, so hopefully they will hold up forever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts