Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping around and the best I could see as far as interest rates for financing are offered by Polaris at 3.99% Arctic Cat wants 5.99% Anybody else found better rates?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Look around, I'm sure you could probably find lower rates. I didn't finance that much, so it wasn't a big deal for me. I'll also pay mine off in 6 months. If I was you, I'd check with TD bank, PNC bank. Both offered me 1.9 on my Camaro ZL1 and my Ram pick up. I did check with my insurance company ( State Farm ) best they could do was 2.49.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My local credit union did 3% on 100% of the purchase price.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i got 1.9 or 2.9 cant remember. that was last august on my 800

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose 3.99% isn't too bad as with the markets all over the place lately its tough to get 3.99% on your investments consistently anyway.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
3.99 isn't horrible but you can probably do better on your own.. Consider looking into a line of credit.. Depending on your credit situation you can likely get in the 1.9% ball park.. Then as you pay it off, you still have that credit available to you and you'll have more flexible payment options.. As in, you'll have a low minimum payment if you get into a pinch one month, but you can (and should!) pay off as much as you can every month.. Financing anything with wheels is a slippery slope.. On one hand its bad, because most debt is bad.. However.. Even if you have $10,000 in cash burning a hole in your pocket.. Is a rapidly depreciating asset like a car, atv, or whatever the best place to park that money?.. Of course not.. That money can do better for you somewhere else.. That's where financing can play a role "IF" and only if you can secure decent finance terms..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good points. Which leads me to thinking..Do I want to drop that much coin on a new machine that will see little use while I have a truck loan to work on paying off. But then again. At 52 yrs old I am not spending any money on a vacation away anywhere this year and I do get a monthly vehicle allowance through my employer.
Decisions.

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
what are u looking to purchase? I think u can pick up a 400 for about $5000.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here in Canada they want $6,000 + 13%tax + PDI and Freight and that's their deal. They list at $6,400.
They have a 570 without EPS for $7,300 + the tax etc.
Both are a lot of dough still but the 570 may be the better deal as its much more of a machine with the full size chassis and bigger motor, The 400 seems to be decent on power though ay 455cc and HP, better than most in its class.

Still looking as I will be making some moves later to get rid of my parents old 2001 400 and 03 Mag 330. Father passed away recently and mother only ever uses the 330. Our 400 has been in the repair shop more then the field with hub problem and now overheating problems. Unfortunately I cant get at it to work on it as it is 1,200 miles away. Tough to even sell it being where it is. May move on the new 400 or 570 and split the use of it with family and sell the 330 to put towards the new purchase. Dilemma's!
Sales tax here sucks!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
IT'S TRUE: You can get a rate for 0%

So you want the best deal.

Well then make yourself save the money first before buying it. You would be very surprised how quick you could save the money. On top of this have a picture of it handy in your wallet by your cash and credit cards. This will make you remember to save before spending your money folishly. Think about it; this is a toy for pleasure and not a necessity like you need a car to get to work.

Why don't you consider saving the money first and then buying it! Your rate is 0% for the loan then.

Better yet you can get ~1% by putting this $ in your savings or CD which will help you get it faster yet. On top of this when you do go to buy, ask the dealer how much you can put on your credit card so you can get cash back (just don't forget to pay it off in 30 days).

I know this doesn't fit all. There is the other extreme to get denied the 2.99% loan and then buy it using multiple credit cards and paying 18% + on your late payments. If you do this one just make sure you get at least the 850 so you can outrun the repo man. Good Luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL. I may be just cheap as I have the cash but just not sure if I want to part with it. My wife and I were discussing purchasing and getting into some club trail rides etc but again its something I am still pondering. Big cash dump if you cant use your ATV all the time.
Yes it is a toy but I do like TOYS!! as I have had moto cross bikes before and different bass boats for the last 25 years.
Loved when we trail rode when we were at our family farm. last time I was there was 3 yrs ago and it was a ball with no one to bother you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am using the Polaris program with Sheffield at 3.9%. I find that Sheffield is very helpful and easy to pay on line. I have had to call them over an insurance claim and to get a password problem resolved and both times they took care of the problem on the spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts