Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ride was a short 1 hour ride thru a few creeks and woods. I hit one pretty steep hill it climbed it great. Second ride was yesterday, rode for over 2 hours fresh cut timber roads so there was tree tops and branches everywhere. I hated hitting all those branches but I only see one scratch on the front by the winch cutout. Owners manual says no WOT till after 3 hours so I seen I had 3.8 and I did 2 short WOT runs about 10 seconds each and it runs pretty good. After the 2 rides I noticed the Polaris does make more noise then the Honda I had like drivetrain backlash and clutch whine. All in all I like the Polaris alot.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nice!!!!!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like you are satisfied thus far.

x2 on this.

Polaris is a generally noisy quad, lots of clunks and thuds. Eventually, you won't even notice them!

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
978 Posts
Very cool glad u like it!!!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I love my 500ho. Good combination of power, fuel economy, and reliability. Enjoy the new machine!!!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Definately a good quality machine for the money!

·
Registered
140 Posts
First ride was a short 1 hour ride thru a few creeks and woods. I hit one pretty steep hill it climbed it great. Second ride was yesterday, rode for over 2 hours fresh cut timber roads so there was tree tops and branches everywhere. I hated hitting all those branches but I only see one scratch on the front by the winch cutout. Owners manual says no WOT till after 3 hours so I seen I had 3.8 and I did 2 short WOT runs about 10 seconds each and it runs pretty good. After the 2 rides I noticed the Polaris does make more noise then the Honda I had like drivetrain backlash and clutch whine. All in all I like the Polaris alot.
I was very close to picking one of these up, but for the extra $500 I decided to go with the 2014 570 efi. I think either quad is a great model.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was very close to picking one of these up, but for the extra $500 I decided to go with the 2014 570 efi. I think either quad is a great model.
I test rode a 2014 570 also, but I got a good deal on the 500.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I test rode a 2014 570 also, but I got a good deal on the 500.
I think the biggest reason i bought the 570 was because I want it to work in sub zero temperatures without having to mess with the choke all the time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah for the $500 I would have also gone for the 570. My 06 500 EFI always starts right up no matter the temps. This winter it was 15 below and there was no differance, just a twist of the key and it's putting away. Also that 570 has the new engine design with the 4 valve heads. Puts out a good 8hp more than the 500 HO.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I love my 500HO. I have rode in mud, water, rocky trails , hill climbs. It takes what I give er. It goes fast enough for me..lol:veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
My 06 500 EFI always starts right up no matter the temps. Also that 570 has the new engine design with the 4 valve heads. Puts out a good 8hp more than the 500 HO.
Both my 98 & 10 500sporties carb units fire up with just touch in cold (15+ is all we get here in cen tex) weather. 10 secs of choke and ride! Not sure of your 4valve statement, even my 98 has 4 valves, so no real diff on that spec, other specs yes such as longer exhaust cam duration, larger carb than non-ho. The 570 engine probably has other aspects for the extra hp but not the valve count.

I too think the 500 engine is probably one of the best in any quad, very reliable with reasonable care, plenty of power (to get me in trouble anyway) and reasonable fuel efficiency. Go America!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah your right, I guess it's DOHC maybe? Just remember the ad for the new motor saying something different. You can't argue with success though and I agree the Fuji/Subaru/Robin motor is a proven entity that has stood the test of time. The new "inhouse" motor remains to be seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts