Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats comes with the high price tag on my first dealer service? yup i know ya cant take the money wid ya but 300 something dollars?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Nothing special. Its just a money grab. If at all possible just do the oil change/greasing yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanx

Next time
I can do all mech stuff on my own to a certain extent. Figured the first dealer service i would let an experienced set of eyes ck out my new scrambler. As an OIF1 2003 US Army Soldier my OHV's (Off Highway Vehicle)(Mass.) are the way i burn off steam post Honorable Discharge. Ya Hoo !!!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
They probably had their newest hire doing your "dealer service" No point in giving the dealership money unless you don't have the time or the tools to do the job yourself. And if the tool isn't too specialized (= Expensive) you're better off buying the tool to save for the next time you do that job anyway. You're actually usually going to save money buying the tool and doing the job yourself anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just a question, is the first and or any oil changes up to 6 months(warranty)a requirement to keep from voiding your warranty?

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Just a question, is the first and or any oil changes up to 6 months(warranty)a requirement to keep from voiding your warranty?
Check your manual, I think 20-25 hours for the first oil change.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
erl change

-unsure-
I figure Polaris looks directly at the oil change schedule and says youve been a good boy or go sit in the corner joey. signed a bunch of paperwork during new scrambler purchase which covers Polaris. like always, i skim over it and never read the small print and just sign it. back a few years read the sales contract for an expensive purchase and asked myself could i follow this, who knows? its a tuff world out there when your a somewhat honest citizen. no matter what this polaris model is definitely the balls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts