Polaris ATV Forum banner

First ATV and First Post.

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Thor 
#1 ·
I bought myself a 14 Polaris 570 with EPS today, a pic will soon follow. Im looking to put a plow on it, i got the part #s from cycle country for the mid mount and push frame, what size plow should i go with?

Jake

#5 · (Edited)
Right. When a 60 inch plow is angled, which it will be most of the time, it will be approximately the same width or slightly wider than your atv. This is what you want.

I don't know how the angle on atv plows is changed, but it's best if it can be done while seated on the atv and not have to dismount to change the plow's angle.

My guess is those on here who advocate a plow the same width as the atv must usually plow with the plow's blade in the straight across position. If your driveway is of any length, then angled to the side would be the preferred plow position. It's better in deeper snow as it pushes it away to the side and not building up in front and overwhelming the machine. It also leaves less snow spilling over the end(s) of the plow and leaving small rows of snow across the plowed area.

Catch my drift ?

(Pun intended!) Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.

#8 ·
Will, what plow system are you using?

#7 ·
With a 54 you will have about 1 inch extra on each side. Be sure to check out our American Eagle front or mid mount plows. Make 100% here in American. Quick connect and made for winters in MN. .
HEY! LOOKING FOR A FRONT MOUNT PLOW FOR YOUR ATV? Then Click Here!

http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/Polaris-Sportsman-Plow-System-All-Years-p/sportsman plow bm.htm

Best quality plow I have tested to date and I have tested just about every brand on the market! Any questions feel free to call the shop and ask for Thor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.