Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called and it's 3 hours to do it and $250-300 to do it plus parts. Should I just do it myself. It's going to be at least 3 hours of driving. I've already did the oil change. What "fluid" do I need and how hard is this going to be? My 6 month warranty is up so it doesn't matter!:fing02::joint::shakehands:

Thanks for any info.
Bruce

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a cool site! Thanks!

·
Registered
601 Posts
My 50 mile checkup 2009 500HO

I just did my 2009 500Ho...changed the oil and filter,change the trans fluid, front diff fluid, lube the front end, changed the spark plug.checked the air filter nothing trapped, left alone and gas filter....i won't adj the valves till i have 100 miles on it or so....seems the valves on popo's get tighter not looser from what,i'm told....but i'll keep my ears and eyes on them.Did'nt take but a few hours.....just make sure you get all the correct fluids and you know where all the drains plugs and fill holes are.....MUDDIE49

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can do it no problem. Ive had my Polaris 500HO for going on 5 years and done EVERY service its needed myself and had no issues. I did take it in to have the valves checked, but they were just fine the tech guy said. needed no adjustment.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts