Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my first grease job. I'm only at 26 hours, but I reckon most of my riding is considered extreme.

I think I got them all, but I thought I saw somewhere there's 19 and I only counted 18...

5 each side in the rear, and 4 each side on front.

I used a Campbell Hausfeld pnumatic grease gun and although it took a little doin, it wasn't impossible. Turns out the hours of trying to find 90's to replace the stock zerks based on what a bunch of people said on this forum... were wasted. But again, I was using a pnumatic gun. I can imagine if I had a hand pumper I'd be pretty pissed right now.

Once I got the gun set up, total time actually greasing was around 45 minutes. Nothing to it.

NOTE: I spent about 3 hours hand washing my bike prior to greasing it... and that was it's 2nd wash from the last time I was mudding two weeks ago. If you're a a heavy mudder, you need to get it super clean. I was still cleaning mud off around the zerks... after 4+ hours of washing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
There should be 21. You have a total of 16 for the A Arms. One for the yoke on the prop shaft and 4 on the rear hubs.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The rear one you missed should be facing down instead of up. Check it again I bet it is there. Did you grease the yoke on the prop shaft?

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I've only counted 14 on the arms too! I'm gonna have to go look for this one pointed down bc I've never seen it either

S3

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Facing down on the upper arm where it connects to the frame? So there's one on the top and one on the bottom? I did not see that one...

No, I haven't done the yoke yet. Was looking for it late last night but was unsuccesful. Is it the little 6-8 inch shaft from the trans case to the rear diff?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Facing down on the upper arm where it connects to the frame? So there's one on the top and one on the bottom? I did not see that one...

No, I haven't done the yoke yet. Was looking for it late last night but was unsuccesful. Is it the little 6-8 inch shaft from the trans case to the rear diff?
No its on the front shaft by the trans u gotta get to it from a hole on the bottom of the quad

S3

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

My 13 850 does NOT have one on the rear upper arm on the bottom just the top

S3

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roger, I will check it out this evening. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,088 Posts
19 is the correct number. Just need to find the one on the prop shaft.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
09's have 21 11-14's have19

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
19 is the correct number. Just need to find the one on the prop shaft.
What did they leave off Bob? All my A arms have one(16), the 2 rear hubs have them(4) and the prop shaft(1).

Where you grease the yoke is buy your right foot coming out of the tranny. I cut a hole just big enough in the footwell for the grease gun hose to go through it and connect to the zerk. So much easier.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I had forgotten that they redid the rear A Arms from the 09 model that I have. So you do have 2 less than what I do.

Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
7,088 Posts
I had forgotten that they redid the rear A Arms from the 09 model that I have. So you do have 2 less than what I do.

Ronnie
Yep. My rear upper a-arms have a total of two on each. One on the inner end and one at the hub. The lowers have three on each. Two on the inner end and one at the hub.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That's right 2010 up the rear upper a-arm only has one grease fitting the 09's had 2

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found the yoke one. Just reached in the right side above the foot well and pushed the bike until the zerk was straight up. Then fed the grease hose in with one hand and gave it a couple shots.

Thanks guys for the help!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
21 of those suckers on a 2010 550x2. Lotz of fun

1 - 19 of 19 Posts