Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a member on here who own his own Polaris supply/parts business. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with him, I would like to purchase everything I need from him. Also should I replace all fluids, and spark plug?

thanks,

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Also should I replace all fluids, and spark plug?,
No just the engine oil/filter. Wait till 100 hrs to do the trans & front diff fluids, air filter (check it earlier though), then grease available zerks too.

Not sure about a dealer, but packages of all fluids necessary are available on ebay and amazon, just put your model in the search. Luck!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also should I replace all fluids, and spark plug?,
No just the engine oil/filter. Wait till 100 hrs to do the trans & front diff fluids, air filter (check it earlier though), then grease available zerks too.

Not sure about a dealer, but packages of all fluids necessary are available on ebay and amazon, just put your model in the search. Luck!
Thanks for the info, I like to do my research and do it right. I appriciate all the help I get from the people on this forum.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I did my Engine oil and front diff at 20 hours.
Then I did engine, front diff, trans, and rear diff at 50.
I'll probably change the front diff again at 75.

Next complete change will be at 100.

The front diff holds such a small amount, it gets dirty quick. And when it gets dirty, it does funky stuff. So it is a good idea to change it with each oil change. It all depends on your riding conditions though, or if you mud/water bog.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I did my Engine oil and front diff at 20 hours.
Then I did engine, front diff, trans, and rear diff at 50.
I'll probably change the front diff again at 75.

Next complete change will be at 100.

The front diff holds such a small amount, it gets dirty quick. And when it gets dirty, it does funky stuff. So it is a good idea to change it with each oil change. It all depends on your riding conditions though, or if you mud/water bog.
I agree with 93....do all fluids now and then there is nothing to worry about for the next 50 hours. The fluids are the life of the machines and aren't that expensive to change, so I do it much more often than recommended, with alternative fluids. Polaris fluids are overpriced and nothing special about them.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The bottle on the left for the front diff, and you will need two of the bottle on the right for the trans/rear diff.

I do the trans/rear diff once a year, the front diff two-three times a year. Still on original plug. Will change next spring when I check/adjust the valves.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
If you cant find Amsoil where you live...the trans will work with 5W-20 synthetic motor oil and the front diff will work with any synthetic atf

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
My front/rear diffs were nasty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts