Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I would like the person who placed the oil filter at that angle to stretch their wrist around and remove it! I tried a oil filter cap wrench, and it didn't quite fit, but I was able to change one of the machines.

So..One machine is good, one is bad.

On the bad one the frame/skid plate is blocking the oil drain plug from being removed. It's probably off by 1/4 inch.

You can see the difference between the two pictures...Both are 2019 570 SP with about 215 miles/15 hours on them. Neither has went over any rocks, and both are equipped with skid plates.

Suggestions? My thought is to bring it to my local Polaris dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Was it always like that?

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Sorry I see this is the first oil change. It's most likely the way the engine was bolted into place at the factory. It would be a good amount of work for the dealer to realign everything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's also interesting this machine has a knocking noise over bumps, and is generally "rougher" riding than the other one.

·
9,470 Posts
I'd be looking at the engine mounts to make sure they are correct on the "bad" one.
As for ride... Are the shocks set the same? Tire pressures the same?
What are the build dates on the respective machines? The "bad" one was probably built on a hangover Monday or a partytime Friday lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two different build dates..Two different original dealers.. When I bought them I noticed the titles were from two different dealers. Also the trouble one had a few miles on it.so maybe someone beat it up while test driving it?

My local dealer is two weeks out on service..But then again..One to ride and one to fix!

·
9,470 Posts
Two different build dates..Two different original dealers.. When I bought them I noticed the titles were from two different dealers. Also the trouble one had a few miles on it.so maybe someone beat it up while test driving it?

My local dealer is two weeks out on service..But then again..One to ride and one to fix!
LOL... Yeah, it would be extremely rare for you to have two machines with the same build date. I was talking about what day of the week were the respective machines built... Monday-Friday?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far Polaris will only notch the skid plate. The thought is that something is probably wrong with the frame, such as the skid plate being mis-welded. Replacing the frame will cause more gremlins.

Stay tuned!

·
9,470 Posts
So far Polaris will only notch the skid plate. The thought is that something is probably wrong with the frame, such as the skid plate being mis-welded. Replacing the frame will cause more gremlins.

Stay tuned!
So long as all the drivetrain components are tight and in line then all that needs done is to relieve the hole to clear the drain plug for removal. But I'd want a thorough inspection to make sure that's all it is and to document the misalignment in case a problem did show up later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts