Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13' 500 HO, manual says 25 hrs for the first oil change, but the dealer where I bought it says 10 hrs. When did you guys do your first oil change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I did mine by the manual.....25 hours or close to it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I waited to the 25hrs and every 50 after that for the oil and front rear and trans every 100, that's just how I do it and I use mobile 1 0w40 for the oil and use a frame filter,and use all the polaris fluids for the diffs and transmission. there are lots of after market out there that's just how I do it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
50 hours on the engine and everything else but the front gearbox. 25 hours if riding it hard and wet on the front gearbox. Mobil 1 0w40 in the engine with a napa gold filter. Sorry but Fram sucks and found that out when I switched to napa gold in my truck this year. Oiled pressure went up dramatically as the napa gold and Bosch filters have more filter area allowing better flow. Had always used high end Frams up until this discovery. Ready for a front gearbox change this weekend and will use Mobil 1 ATF.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Oil pressure

50 hours on the engine and everything else but the front gearbox. 25 hours if riding it hard and wet on the front gearbox. Mobil 1 0w40 in the engine with a napa gold filter. Sorry but Fram sucks and found that out when I switched to napa gold in my truck this year. Oiled pressure went up dramatically as the napa gold and Bosch filters have more filter area allowing better flow. Had always used high end Frams up until this discovery. Ready for a front gearbox change this weekend and will use Mobil 1 ATF.
Just curious , how do you know oil pressure went up " dramatically " ?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Just curious , how do you know oil pressure went up " dramatically " ?
I have an oil pressure gauge in my truck. 10-25 more PSI based on engine RPM.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I changed all mine..... engine (& filter), front differencial and rear tranny/differencial combo @ the 25 hour mark.

I then change the engine oil/filter every 40-50 hours or Spring (before summer riding season) & Fall (before snow plowing season), which ever comes first!! The rest of the fluids get changed every fall, or sooner depending on how wet/muddy it's been. I also grease all the zerks after every ride, to make sure any water is squeezed out! :fing02:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts