Polaris ATV Forum banner

first one to post pics of my 08 sportsman 500

11K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  chuckraduenz 
#1 ·
heres my wheeler with my home made plow: comment if youd like....

See less See more
#2 ·
and my old 335. had 600hrs and about 7000 miles when sold in mid 08'

#4 ·
hi. nice wheeler. my old wheeler could have passed ya. top speed was about 35. a good day with the wind at 60mph pushing me down hill it would do 40ish. lol. the new one will go about 60. but i might go faster now that im over the breakin time. ill open it up this summer. i kinda miss haveing a sport wheeler. i had one about 10yrs ago. i like the speed and jumping power it had. but i needed something more for utilty use. nice wheeler tho....

chuck

#6 ·
here are sme up to date pics. my changed insurment cluster. switches to the left are hand and thumb warmers. switches to the right are: top reverse lights. curntly im trying to hook um my reverse lights to come on in reverse. the top switch would let me eith have them come on in reverse/turn them off/or turn them on when needed. the bottom right switch is my 911ep warninglight switch and might also let me turn off my brake/runlights to the rear.

#8 ·
i know thats why i did it. pluse the dealer where i got them from didnt know the price of them so i got a steal! the other switches (first post) was all i had at the time. plus the switches give me more options. i can control 4 things off 2 switchs, granted i can only control one thing at a time per switch. but thats fine. iv got it worked out. i still need to figure out how to wire in the reverse light to come on in the reverse gear on the wheeler. but havent had no luck yet. this weeks it supose to be in the mid 50s so maybe ill tinker with it.

thanks for the comment !!!!

#12 ·
got my rotopax gas packes mounted. i used all stainless steel bolts, and i used nylon spacers. the bolts are all counter sunk. i also added straps to the cargo lid so it dont brake off when the packs are full.'

#13 ·

#15 ·
i havent added fuel to them yet. but seems like there well built. there supose to support about 700 lbs on top. and there warrantyied. so if they leak they will replace them. also if you want to get them. better do it soon. there changeing them somewhat, and going up in price. i paid $128 for 2 2gal packs ans 2 alum mounts. i did get a 5gal gas can. but these i can leave on the wheeler.

#16 ·
Your Rig.. sweet....

I love what you've done with it..i just bought a 2009 500Ho ,i'm thinking Brush guards front and rear ,Rack extentions, plow for the winter and some led lights....your Rig looks awsome Bud...keep up the good work....question hows your charging system taking on all these add ons....you having any battery draw downs? Thanks Muddie49

#17 ·
well if you want a good deal on the front and the rear i got my front bumper here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&salenotsupported

as for amp draw the winch takes alota power. and since i did more plowing at night i have the headlights, hand/thumb warmers on, along with useing the winch it will drain the battery. so i ended up turning the hand/thumb warmers off. if you park it in a garage get a battery charger/tender to keep the battery full. and all the LEDS i have draw about 8amps total. but during the summer my wheeler has been great. i just added 2 more lights to my front bumper, and i just got a bumper a few weeks ago. ill add pics of it. if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

#18 ·
Yeah Chuck you have quite an inventive mind! It's lookin' real good! Keep up the awesome work! I'm hoping to do some of my own custom add-ons pretty soon, hopefully they'll turn out as good as yours.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring us all! Hahaha

#19 ·
thanks. well here are my newest addons. a front bumper. and 2 more led lights mounted on the bumper. i had to send one in for warranty.

#21 ·
i cant really say as i got it just for winter for plowing. but i have used atvs with windshileds before and they keep the wind off ya, and some rain. along with bugs. but i may not know this winter as i ran into money issues recently, and may end up selling it, along with the bumper, gas packs, and the lights i have on the side of the bumper. id like to keep it. but when you need money things must go.

besides that id have to say the windshiled will keep the cold wind off your face and hands. i have hand warmers so the whindshiled may keep my hands a bit warmer.

#24 ·
befor i took them on a 600 mile trip i liked them. but after the trip i dont like them. becuse there a soft tire. i got 3 holes in the tire. well one was from a screw so i cant really say much about that. but the other 2 holes were from the trail rocks. it was old railroad beds and the granit rocks and sharp edges. personaly if i had to do it over again i turn these pxt's into a winter tire, and the 489's that i use for winter into a summer tire. or i might have evon just whent and got a differnt set of alum rims and tires all together. the pxt do have a nice lug on them. they just seem to soft for me. evon tho i do alota road riding.
hope this helps.

#26 ·
well time to update with some wither pics:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.