Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,, I just purchased a 2013 Polaris 500 HO this year. I have 220 km on it so far. This is the first Polaris I have ever owned ,, I have always been a Cat guy,, Have had tons of Cat sleds and 3 Cat ATV,, thought it was time for a change,, Always had pretty good luck with them,, but thought I would try something a little different
Is the 500 good bike,, and pro's or con's Anything I should be watching out for,, or any easy cheap mods
I was thinking maybe a snorkel kit, I have always had them on my Cats,, is this an easy job on a HO ?
If you can give me a few pointers,, it would be greatly appreciated,, Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
102 Posts
the 500 is the best engine/quad that polaris makes. do what you want for snorkel but unless your in real deep water all the time, really no need for them. Every quad has its querks. The 500 are known for the mechanical water pump seal going and weak key ways on the flywheel, thats about it. Real reliable machine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info PlumCrazy73Dodge,, Very useful information to have,,,
Ok,, what dodge you got that's Plumb Crazy,,,, I used to have a 73 340 Road Runner

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had trouble on my 13HO with the clutch cover seal leaking from factory. Second day I took it out burnt out a belt. Ended up with a warranty replacement for the clutch assembly and belt. Be sure you check that the cover isn't leaking before you head off to the water or you'll end up like me, sitting on your tailgate waiting for water to drain out while your buddies are off having fun. At least there was beer at the truck lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow,, funny you should say that Spinner57,, was out for a ride,, just up the road went threw some water maybe 4" deep,, ran threw it a few times,, Bang,, Belt got wet,,, drained it out,,, checked over the clutch cover,, there is a hole in the cover from the belt rubbing on it,, Had to order a new cover today,, one month out of warrenty,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts