Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got to ride it today for the first time after getting the head replace. Drove great! Suspension felt awesome, steering was also very nice. Brakes were a bit stiff to pull and power was very manageable (maybe a little too manageable). Was expecting a little more but I guess I was on snow (hard packed) and there was a lot of wheel spin I'm sure. I got on it a few times from 40 to 70 and it just didn't accelerate like I thought it would, again probably just tire spin (but with awd again I figured it would pull harder). It also hit the rev limiter at an rpm that seemed low, hit it at 7460 or so. Is this normal? I was pretty easy on it and really didn't romp on it much, just a few quick bursts, trying to be nice during the break in period :)
So over all I"m very happy with it. I'm sure once I get some pavement or good dirt the fun factor will kick in.

Here's a few pics and a quick vid (had to hold the camera in one hand so nothing great :))

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Nice video...it sounds like you're in need of traction.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Trust me, when it has any amount of traction, it pulls hard. I knew it had more jam than the 850 but when it hooks up, look out, it'll rip your head off in a hurry! Get it on some dry pavement and you'll be very happy with how much power it's actually got

·
Registered
170 Posts
Trust me, when it has any amount of traction, it pulls hard. I knew it had more jam than the 850 but when it hooks up, look out, it'll rip your head off in a hurry! Get it on some dry pavement and you'll be very happy with how much power it's actually got
Totally agree!!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Sweet Jeep !!!! How does it handle towing?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet Jeep !!!! How does it handle towing?
Thanks man, it handles towing very well. The 4 doors Jeep have (I believe) 3500lbs tow capacity, the 2 doors are much less. Just not very good for off roading, lol. in the last year I've gone through 2 clutches, 3 front diffs and 1 rear diffs. Some of it my fault some of it not my fault. The drive trains are very weak with the big tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that's what I"m looking for, head ripping off power!!:slomo:
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I cant for my clutching and everything to be done...talked about turbo charging for a few hours at the local shop, they have a very knowledgeable turbo guy that's been doing custom turbos for many years, and he figures parts of the boon docker rzr kit could be made to work, he had it all figured out, just needs the go ahead. If my 850 sells soon I might get that done....too much fun

·
Registered
388 Posts
This sounds like a post raiser post:)
Your clutch kit is in. How do you like it?
Never mind about clutch kit. ..just re read...lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
From what I've seen the qsc kit looks damn good. I'm not entirely sure turbo charging would be beneficial, that might be just too out of control in most cases. We also discussed nitrous, but again, I'm not entirely sure it's needed. One can dream about these things though haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts