Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a nice ride today up above Central City. Fall is definitely in the air. A chilly 36 degrees when we unloaded. All the puddles were frozen over and got up to were it had snowed a little last night. Beautiful day for a ride.

Central City Sept 28 2013 Slideshow by BobX2 | Photobucket

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

Looks like fun and awesome scenery

How many miles did you ride?

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was about a 25 mile ride. That's about a 4 1/2 ride on those trails. Pretty typical for these parts. Wanted to take a longer loop up and over Kingston Peak, but the wind was blowing about 40-50 mph up there. A little cold with the wind blowing that hard.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Definitely an area I could easily settle into.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice pictures of awesome senery. I can see why the trip took time as the trails look rough. I just did a 80 mile ride here in Northern Michigan and the fall colors were spectacular. Took us about 5 hours to do the ride.

·
Registered
764 Posts
great pics bob!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have spent some time on those trails up there on ATVs and in my 4Runner, it is a nice area.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Your lucky you live in a beautifull area to ride and lots of trails, here in CT all we have is local trails and lucky not to get busted, went out sat for a lil rip in my backyard woods and once I came out of the woods near a state prison the homeowner was staring me down across the street, last fall the other owner across from him has threatened to call the cops yelling at me thru the woods, finally talked him down to let me ride thru a few times, they dont own the land the state does., If the prison wasnt built i'd have a staright shot thru the woods avoiding them all.....grrrrr

·
Registered
314 Posts
More nice pics. Haven't ridden in Colorado yet but after a recent first trip to the Ouray, Ridgway , Montrose area and some scenic driving I put it on my list for a return visit with quad in tow. Ouray looked very ATV friendly and the area was very nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts