Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I bought my first Polaris (2013 500HO) last fall, and so far I couldn't be happier with the little bike. However it ticked over the 50 hour mark yesterday so its now time for mods. I have a small amount of in depth experience with small carb'd engines, most of my experience being with my 2005 Honda Superhawk 996.

I'm looking to order an exhaust, and couldn't decide what one I wanted, the HMF or the Big Gun, so I convinced a buddy to order the HMF and I ordered the Big Gun so I could try both (having friends is important when you're cheap/broke lol)
At the same time I also ordered a K&N filter and a HMF jet kit.

Pre-apologies as I bet this has been asked 100x, but does anyone have a general idea of a good baseline to start at with jet/pilot sizes? Does the idle screw or needle have to be adjusted? Or is it a simple float bowl off, jet in?Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has suggestions for other useful mods for this bike I'm all ears.

Cheers, Spinner

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Try one to two jet sizes up from stock, especially if your doing airbox mods. Dynojet makes a jet kit as well. Careful, those screws on that carb are tight! I had the same carb on my YFZ 450 quad and they were a biatch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roboo, I heard they were tight. Seems like everything from factory was put on my Hercules. Remember changing the factory oil filter? XD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts