Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, will be picking up my blue 2019 sportsman 570 this weekend. Got it for $5900 out the door. Hopefully a good deal!
It will be primarily used for plowing my driveway. I ordered a denali plow kit from Thor today. He was an awesome guy to deal with and really helpful with all my questions!

Interested in what the general consensus is about modding? Not really looking to go crazy. Maybe just some better/bigger tires.
What size tires can I slap on this thing? What brand would be good for plowing? Obviously the more aggressive looking the better.
Lift kits worth it? Not without clutching and axles?
Thinking about throwing a harbor freight winch on her as it will only be used for plowing really. Cant beat $60! ha
And maybe front/rear led light bars? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hey guys, will be picking up my blue 2019 sportsman 570 this weekend. Got it for $5900 out the door. Hopefully a good deal!
It will be primarily used for plowing my driveway. I ordered a denali plow kit from Thor today. He was an awesome guy to deal with and really helpful with all my questions!

Interested in what the general consensus is about modding? Not really looking to go crazy. Maybe just some better/bigger tires.
What size tires can I slap on this thing? What brand would be good for plowing? Obviously the more aggressive looking the better.
Lift kits worth it? Not without clutching and axles?
Thinking about throwing a harbor freight winch on her as it will only be used for plowing really. Cant beat $60! ha
And maybe front/rear led light bars? Any recommendations?
26” HTR Bearclaws tires(ITP Delta Steel wheels) will serve you well. Which winch from Harbor Freight, the 2500 or 3500? 3500 would be better for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
26” HTR Bearclaws tires(ITP Delta Steel wheels) will serve you well. Which winch from Harbor Freight, the 2500 or 3500? 3500 would be better for sure.
I need new rims? Didnt realise.

What size tires front and rear? I see I can get kits with those rims pretty easily.

·
Registered
573 Posts
26x9x12/26x11x12-if you keep 25” size you won’t need to change wheels. Once you go up in size you’ll need new wheels with 4”+3” offset, so tires don’t rub tie rod ends. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! The stock size 8" wide front tire will work on the OEM rims. But if you go to a 26" tall tire (which will fit without any lift) the width goes to 9" and you will need a different rim or spacers to clear the tie rod ends. I will second the Bear Claw HTR tires, I have found them to be a really good all around tire. I like the Sedona Rip Saw tires too for an all around tire. Grip heaters for the plowing is another good addition.

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
Tires you can go up to 28" without modifications with the right tire choice of course. Keeping them light is key when going that big. It is easiest to go with aftermarket rims, trust me it's just easier all around. If you go Delta steels by ITP the cost will negate itself if you factor in swapping tires at a shop. With that said you'll need to purchase the big wheel package together and have the supplier mount them up for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tires you can go up to 28" without modifications with the right tire choice of course. Keeping them light is key when going that big. It is easiest to go with aftermarket rims, trust me it's just easier all around. If you go Delta steels by ITP the cost will negate itself if you factor in swapping tires at a shop. With that said you'll need to purchase the big wheel package together and have the supplier mount them up for you.
28s sound good! Would the bearclaws in 28 work?

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
Yes but they're getting a little heavier at that point. So low is going to be your friend. And if your not happy with the power after the install a clutch kit from RVSPerformance will solve it.

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
Yes you'll need a KFI mount. For the winch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes but they're getting a little heavier at that point. So low is going to be your friend. And if your not happy with the power after the install a clutch kit from RVSPerformance will solve it.
Think I will just go with the 26" for now to avoid issues and get some better plow traction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
[/URL]

So what about these? Kind of look like itp mid lite knockoffs? Cheap tho. $270 for 4 tires. Throw in rims and im only at $475.
I can easily mount the tires myself so no extra cost there.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can get that tire but stock size for $224. So is it worth the extra $250 for 1" taller and wider tires?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I’d say go for 26” regardless. I paid $354.00 for 26” HTR Bearclaws. Just have to look, should be plenty deals this weekend into Cyber Monday.
Full set HTR Bearclaws 26” at Dennis Kirk $369.00

1 - 20 of 35 Posts