21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Does anyone know abkut the headlight mod? I want all 3 lights on with highbeams. There are kits with relays but a review said its no necessary with 2019+ models. Is there a different way then the relay?

·
Registered
479 Posts
One of the best things you can do with your new SP570 is drop that crappy battery and get yourself a better one.

I have a deep seeded hatred for that horrid battery, doesn't play well with added accessories.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys, will be picking up my blue 2019 sportsman 570 this weekend. Got it for $5900 out the door. Hopefully a good deal!
It will be primarily used for plowing my driveway. I ordered a denali plow kit from Thor today. He was an awesome guy to deal with and really helpful with all my questions!

Interested in what the general consensus is about modding? Not really looking to go crazy. Maybe just some better/bigger tires.
What size tires can I slap on this thing? What brand would be good for plowing? Obviously the more aggressive looking the better.
Lift kits worth it? Not without clutching and axles?
Thinking about throwing a harbor freight winch on her as it will only be used for plowing really. Cant beat $60! ha
And maybe front/rear led light bars? Any recommendations?
Hey guys, will be picking up my blue 2019 sportsman 570 this weekend. Got it for $5900 out the door. Hopefully a good deal!
It will be primarily used for plowing my driveway. I ordered a denali plow kit from Thor today. He was an awesome guy to deal with and really helpful with all my questions!

Interested in what the general consensus is about modding? Not really looking to go crazy. Maybe just some better/bigger tires.
What size tires can I slap on this thing? What brand would be good for plowing? Obviously the more aggressive looking the better.
Lift kits worth it? Not without clutching and axles?
Thinking about throwing a harbor freight winch on her as it will only be used for plowing really. Cant beat $60! ha
And maybe front/rear led light bars? Any recommendations?
Battery Tender/trickle charger and use it every time you put her to bed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, will be picking up my blue 2019 sportsman 570 ...

Interested in what the general consensus is about modding? Any recommendations?
My 570 needed a clutch kit to keep it from stalling, even in slow-moving conditions without pounding snow into berms. Upgrade the battery, run heavy red black wires to a box placed in the left boot tray fastened with Nyloc nuts (the extra battery in a mounted, covered PVC box). Add a NOCO jumper set into the panel under the front console, extending the capped charger wires through the grill for plugging in the charger. I use no chains without trouble, preventing tearing up the undercarriage. Buy extra shear pins for the plow and keep them in the front console, tools to replace quickly. Place an 80# sandbag on either aft rack side of the seat; they won't slide around. Never shut the machine off if the cooling fan is running. Adjust headlight beams at night. Spray the blade lower edges with white lithium grease, front and back; rest of the blade rig with Tire Wet Silicone. Set the feet on the plow to 1" tall from bottom of blade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 570 needed a clutch kit to keep it from stalling, even in slow-moving conditions without pounding snow into berms. Upgrade the battery, run heavy red black wires to a box placed in the left boot tray fastened with Nyloc nuts (the extra battery in a mounted, covered PVC box). Add a NOCO jumper set into the panel under the front console, extending the capped charger wires through the grill for plugging in the charger. I use no chains without trouble, preventing tearing up the undercarriage. Buy extra shear pins for the plow and keep them in the front console, tools to replace quickly. Place an 80# sandbag on either aft rack side of the seat; they won't slide around. Never shut the machine off if the cooling fan is running. Adjust headlight beams at night. Spray the blade lower edges with white lithium grease, front and back; rest of the blade rig with Tire Wet Silicone. Set the feet on the plow to 1" tall from bottom of blade.
And, Denso Iridium Power sparkplugs outrun the OEMs. Zero weight AMSOIL oil vice 5W-x; they make a 570 filter+Oil kit. No ethanol, blue StaBil, every other tank, SeaFoam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Battery Tender/trickle charger and use it every time you put her to bed.
MICTUNING CREE Led Light Bar
Military grade, I use on Toro928 blower, foot-long anti-aircraft capable lighting that will not fail. Run wiring inside Nylon tubing as conduit; wire to terminal panel; don't use the cig lighter; lighted switch inside front console waterproof cap not plastic lever. Waterproof, strong, I shove my Toro with leading-edge light into 30" packed snow without failure. LEDs will not load the battery, esp. if double batts per earlier postings. Silicone grease all terminals, use heat gun to seal waterproof Raychem lap splices. Amazon, inexpensive for life of 570.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I have plowed a couple times now. Abiut 45min each time. Battery charger read 99% after each time. So I think the charging system is keeping up fine with the winch draw. Anyways I added a battery trickle charger yesterday, attached to the power bar under front rack. its easier then clamping charger onto battery.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts