Polaris ATV Forum banner

First time ATV buyer - Scrambler XP 1000

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Gmartino100 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi! New to the forums and new to atvs!

I've wanted a 4x4 sports atv for a long time but has never been able to justify the price for what i'd use it for.. In a somewhat near future I will have better places to ride and therefor I am looking to get a scrambler XP 1000 to play around with. I will mostly ride gravel roads, some forest (trail and off-road), winter roads, semi-deep snow and do some plowing. Very very little sand (no deserts in sweden) and not very rough since im somewhat new to off-road riding (smaller machines are not an option).. :)

I have found a used 2018 scrambler xp 1000 with 30h / 500km but I have some question regarding some of the modifications done to it

It has RJWC exhaust system and fuel optimization installed, which I do like but im unsure of the noise level, is it super loud? Im worried it will cause issues during inspection.

It also has spacers installed and 28" ITP mega mayhem tires. It looks great but from what i've been able to read, larger (heavier?) tires can cause damage to other parts, is this true? should I worry about this on this particular machine? I dont think any improvements has been done to clutch, differentials(?) etc..

There's another used 2019 scrambler xp 1000 for sale. It has 100h / 1500km to it and rest is OEM.

Price is roughly the same for both and from pictures they look good. Which one would you have picked and why? the 2018 is less used but im worried the larger tires and spacer kit have caused some damage that might costs me time and money later.

Thanks in advance! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

#3 ·
FYI, both are made for the mud and have top speed of 50 mph

#4 ·
I'd buy the stock one!

#6 · (Edited)
I stand corrected, and cleaned my reading glasses.

What was eye thinking?
Nose Smile Happy Art Illustration

We had a failure to communicate between my eye and brain!

#7 ·
I'd go with the 2018. The exhaust and tune are a $2000 upgrade, plus the tires. You can always remove the spacers if you don't like the wider stance. The exhaust isn't much louder than the stock Scrambler exhaust, which imo sounds awesome, but the RJWC's are really nice sounding as well. The bigger tires won;t pose a problem, but the spacers can cause stress on the suspension and drive components. Doubt any damage has occurred with the low mileage on the machine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.