Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
On this sight you will get more advice than you could ever hope for.
yup, I’ve joined a few other Facebook groups and in my estimation this place has the answers, others it’s often bad advice.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Registered
2019 850 SP Camo, 2019 570 EPS, 2021 CFMOTO 600
131 Posts
Nice machine man welcome to the family. Now if I can get Mr Ed to do the roller upgrade on my 850 I’d be set !!!

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
1,327 Posts
Nice machine man welcome to the family. Now if I can get Mr Ed to do the roller upgrade on my 850 I’d be set !!!
There he is!! Where ya been hiding brother?
We missed you here!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Roller upgrade?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
811 Posts
Roller upgrade?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Roller guide upgrade on the secondary clutch. Upgrade from square “pegs” to actually rollers for smoother engagement
Another major benefit if the roller upgrade is decreased wear on the secondary clutch.

A few years back RZR's came with round rollers in the secondary from the factory. The rollers were known for getting flat spots worn into them.

Polaris decided to fix the problem by switching from round rollers to square sliders. The sliders seem to wear the contact surfaces in the secondary fairly quick.

The hunter works rollers are made of a better material that supposedly resists flat spotting thus, reducing wear on the clutch.

The reduced friction not only affords smoother clutch action but, reduces wear and tear on the clutch itself

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Another major benefit if the roller upgrade is decreased wear on the secondary clutch.

A few years back RZR's came with round rollers in the secondary from the factory. The rollers were known for getting flat spots worn into them.

Polaris decided to fix the problem by switching from round rollers to square sliders. The sliders seem to wear the contact surfaces in the secondary fairly quick.

The hunter works rollers are made of a better material that supposedly resists flat spotting thus, reducing wear on the clutch.

The reduced friction not only affords smoother clutch action but, reduces wear and tear on the clutch itself
Very true, Thanks for adding that info Mike!👍🏻

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I watched the installation video the guy made and he referenced Polaris maybe was not well intentioned in why they made them the way they do implying he had inside information. I’d like to do the upgrade but tbh I’m a little intimidated to open this thing up as I have no experience doing this

Reactions: MrEd

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I watched the installation video the guy made and he referenced Polaris maybe was not well intentioned in why they made them the way they do implying he had inside information. I’d like to do the upgrade but tbh I’m a little intimidated to open this thing up as I have no experience doing this
I can certainly understand that, I went through the same apprehension....and I had some difficulty removing the secondary clutch, and also the torx screws on the secondary as they are loctited in. The members here can walk you through it....I bugged the shit out of FPD when I did mine, he was a huge help as usual.

·
Premium Member
1995 magnum 425 4x4 2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
811 Posts
We can all give you tips and pointers. I found a heat gun made the little torx screws come out pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,289 Posts
From this..
IMG_20200831_164031.jpg

IMG_20200912_133127.jpg

To this....
IMG_20201208_154241.jpg

Reactions: MrEd and DandyRandy

·
Registered
742 Posts
Pretty easy if you have the right tools. The only thing that makes it difficult is tight access.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Pretty easy if you have the right tools. The only thing that makes it difficult is tight access.
That is part of the issue. I need to invest in better, correct tools. I think my strategy might be to make friends with a local skilled forum member who likes to work on bikes. I’ll probably run this stock set up through the summer and after the sons go back to school will open things up. I know I have good advice here.

Which power tools would be suggested for this job and others? I don’t have an air hammer or wrench. I do have a compressor. My drill sucks. I have a heat gun.

I don’t want to start a job, then have to run 15 miles to get tools then start again. Thats a PITA.

Thanks for all the help I’ve been getting the last two months. That goes for Mike B, FDP218, Mr. Ed, 98whitelightning and a couple others I’m forgetting right now. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That is part of the issue. I need to invest in better, correct tools. I think my strategy might be to make friends with a local skilled forum member who likes to work on bikes. I’ll probably run this stock set up through the summer and after the sons go back to school will open things up. I know I have good advice here.

Which power tools would be suggested for this job and others? I don’t have an air hammer or wrench. I do have a compressor. My drill sucks. I have a heat gun.

I don’t want to start a job, then have to run 15 miles to get tools then start again. Thats a PITA.

Thanks for all the help I’ve been getting the last two months. That goes for Mike B, FDP218, Mr. Ed, 98whitelightning and a couple others I’m forgetting right now. I really appreciate it.
Sounds good, we’re all here to help. I didn’t use any power tools on mine....I did use a propane torch to heat the screws and soften the locktite, then a hammer impact tool to loosen them.....need to be real careful not to strip the screw heads

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello from Montana -

Mary here, first time ATV owner. My husband and I picked up a 2021 Sportsman 850 Premium Steel Blue with Factory Trail package back in November. Includes Polaris HD 3500 lb winch, front and rear bumpers. We added snow plow package, handgrip and throttle warmers, street legal details - horn, mirror - at the dealer. Went in for a 570 in Zenith Blue I saw listed on their website but learned it had already sold - along with 3 other pre-sold 570s - and was told 2-3 months if I wanted to order. Needless to say, signed the paperwork on that 850 the following day. After a couple weeks, parts and ramp came in and we picked up our ATV right around Thanksgiving.

Pleased to be here, I have referenced the forum a number of times already - and look forward to learning more as we go.

View attachment 150020

View attachment 150021

View attachment 150022
She’s a beauty!!!!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts