Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys picked up a trailboss 250... Gonna go out in the morning and get some numbers off of it to find the year. Has some problems but hey it was free! Gonna need some help in the future, sometimes I get in over my head!!

Btw name is Kevin!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome Indy likes pics

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idk yet
I lost my car keys, or our 19 month old misplaced them... I will try and get a picture up
It needs a strut up front, it is broken .
The air box looks weird I think it is missing a few pieces
The ignition switch is gone so I don't know if it is wired to run!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
sounds like a fun winter project
this is the place to hang out then

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the recoil pulls with no resistance, and retracts fine. The machine is equipped with electric start but has no battery, but the cables are intact and right on the battery box. Would it hurt to put a small battery jump box on the cables or directly on the starter?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I know the recoil pulls with no resistance, and retracts fine. The machine is equipped with electric start but has no battery, but the cables are intact and right on the battery box. Would it hurt to put a small battery jump box on the cables or directly on the starter?
I would place the jump box cable directly to the correct battery cable. When we go directly to the starter it just spins (still good info) without engaging the fly wheel gear.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My first quad was a '90 250 TrailBoss 4x4. Had it for 12 years. It was a fun ride and packed out several deer and elk. Wasn't bad for plowing snow, but my 500 works much better at that chore. Hope you get 'er going. Have fun and be safe. : )

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello & Welcome :wave:

Free is my favorite price!!!! Not to mention when your done.... you'll know your machine and know what you have!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts