Polaris ATV Forum banner

First Time polaris owner

669 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Clinebo 
#1 · (Edited)
I am an X-dirt bike guy but have spent a lot of time on ATV'S. In the past few years I have owned a number of 3 and 4 wheelers each time upgrading to the next well that's what leads me to here. I sold off my latest kawi prairie and upgraded to a very low mileage and low hour 2010 sportsman 500. It is a powerhouse compared to the last wheeler's ive owned (still no comparison to a dirt bike) the ride is great, even though it is a little bigger (dimensionally) than I wanted it will suit the bill nicely. I put in a lot of rough miles every year and it will be utilized year round for playing, hunting, land management, snow removal and the such.

Lots of good info and hours of good reading yet I feel I have only scratched the surface

FWIW: the group I ride with ranges from 2 and 4 wheel drive small cc utility quads to big bore 4wd's and a lot right in the middle like me

#3 ·
Hello & Welcome :wave:

You'll enjoy your new (to you) machine. And this group is very helpful and a great wealth of knowledge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.