Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! We got around 6 inches (give or take) of heavy snow with some fluff on top. The plow made the job easy and fun at the same time. The driveway is on a hill so I just plowed everything to the corner or across the street and was done in less then 20 minutes. If I used the snow blower it would have taken at least 45 minutes. If I did it by shovel it would have been 2 hours or more.

Anyone wanna buy a nice Bolens snow blower? It is built like a tank and in great shape. :werd:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Fun isn't it? I don't worry about the snow at all since I started using a quad to plow. It was more of a chore with the first one ('90 250 2-stroke 48" blade). This 500 HO with the 60 incher is a plowing machine! I do my drive and the gravel road to the pavement 1/4 mile away. Worst part is the big berm the snowplows leave at the edge where our road runs into the paved county road.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Now you just need to try it with a set of tracks! It's ridiculous! I can drop the plow in the middle of a field and just keep going :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I kept my blower it's a small toro 2 stage it comes in handy still but blade is my main weapon

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fun isn't it? I don't worry about the snow at all since I started using a quad to plow. It was more of a chore with the first one ('90 250 2-stroke 48" blade). This 500 HO with the 60 incher is a plowing machine! I do my drive and the gravel road to the pavement 1/4 mile away. Worst part is the big berm the snowplows leave at the edge where our road runs into the paved county road.
You have my exact setup. It is a 500 HO with a 60 inch blade. My driveway isn't big (two cars wide at the bottom, 3 at the top and about 5 cars long) but there is a 10% grade towards the bottom pulled me and the snow blower sideways.

Tracks! I just wanna try one of those in the snow. :slomo:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The only trouble I have had with my plow (2004 700 with 60" blade) was when I had drifts up to the windows on the trucks in the driveway. A literal 24" of standing snow where it wasn't drifted. I kept getting stuck and finally had to break out the snowblower. Afterwards I realized I had swapped on some old tires for road riding and had almost no traction. Still I don't know if even with traction I could have moved 3 foot drifts. May e with the tracks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Got mine this year because the snowblower "broke". At least that's how I justified it.
My front driveway is about 300' with another 150-200' back to the woodburner. It really was too much for a 24" 7hp Ariens.

·
Registered
120 Posts
although we have been blessed by the non-snow gods this year I love my plow got it for $75 bucks on Craigslist, and that thing is awesome. just can't wait to plow with new tires on lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
We have had about 2' over the last week. It just wont stop!. We now have about 4' in total. Our driveway is about 400' long with quite a large parking area between our house and shop. It is now getting hard to find places to put the snow. We kept our blower, 32" wide beast it is, I am glad we still have it because it works great to blow the snow that I put into rows down the edge of the driveway with the blade. Using his method we have cut our time in about half and the driveway is much smoother using the blade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts