Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the headlight cover off and had disconnected the gauge cluster. Now the fuel gauge is flashing and empty. it was working fine and full befor i disconnected the cluster. checked the connector and it looks fine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Couple things. It is possible the cluster connection could be bad. Disconnect and reconnect it? I had a similar problem on my 2010, and it ended up being corroded contacts at the fuel pump connector. It's not a sealed connector and I mud ride so it ended up corroding in me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the connector is fine. it was working fine befor I disconnect it. no corrosion. conector looks new. 4wheeler only got 312 miles on it and looks new also. no rust or corrosion even on the muffler.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like false alarm. I just let it run for 15min and its back to normal. Hope this helps the next person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing after I changed clusters. I remember when i changed the gauge out on my harley, I had to fill it up and let the computer do it's thing. I was hoping this was the same way, as I only have 1.XX gallons in there now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts