Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my Sportsman 500 H.O. 08 out today and got into a hairy situation and flipped it over, wasn't go fast at all. Simply flipped it back over and noticed that some gas and oil had spilled out not a lot. upon arriving home we examined it more closely and discovered that the air filter container reservoir had 2oz. of oil in the bottom and the filter has oil on it as well. Is this normal for when ATVs flip. There was no oil past the air filter it did not go inside the motor. A few minor scratches, just wondering if there is anything else I should be worried about other then changing the air filter? I am new to ATV riding any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Another sidenote. Noticed these back bars were a little bent. Do you guys think I could just kind of hit it back in place with a hammer? Not sure if this happened during flip or if it was there when purchased.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
A little oil in air filter will happen, and the bent parts I assume were there before you flipped it over! And welcome to the board!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I don't see why not!

·
Registered
40 Posts
3lb sledge will do the trick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts