Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding the Magnum today it flooded out and shut down. I removed the air filter and gas was running out of the carb as I turned it over. The choke lever was off. Any idea what may be going on? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Magnum flooded itself out

Well I went out and took her apart to the carb and tried to see if the choke was stuck closed and could not see the choke. touched the starter and it started right up. Cleaned her up and went for a 30 min ride, ran great! Has anyone had this happen? It probably was the choke closing and sticking while riding but my wife was driving when it happened and she was going slow. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This happened on my 425 6x6 while going up a moderately steep hill pulling a load of 400 lbs in low gear. What I found out is the rubber boot between the carb and the head had small hairline cracks from drying out & becoming brittle. I stopped fouling spark plugs once I fixed this problem... Hope this helps ya. BigBoss6x6

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Carb could be getting some trash in it or fuel trying to gel. Try some fuel treatment such as SeaFoam fuel treatment. Only 1oz per gal. If that don't help you might need to remove the carb and clean it and inspect the float needle for wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts