Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best fluids for the 01 Trailblazer 250. Looking to change oil and trans fluid but wanna put good fluids in them.
Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mobil 1 0w-40 engine oil

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have been using Rotella 5-40 T6 for the engine.....amsoil chain case lube for tranny....amsoil severe use 75-90W gear oil for front differental..and the Polaris demand plus for the hubs....take no chance on the hubs...never a problem....great cold starts an shifting....and front AWD kicks in no problem.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Remember guys, this is a 2 stroke motor, the only oil he needs is a good 2 cycle oil for the motor, and trans oil. Synthetic fluids all the way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I always use the Polaris Gold 2 stoke oil. No smoke and got tons of miles out of mine before my first top end. Always ran AGL in the Tranny. Never had an issue.

TBS

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Synthetic chaincase lube for the transmission in my ATV. Just like my sled.

2 stroke oils... Any TCW-3 NMMA rated oil should be fine. Some make more crud than others. It prolly came with the old Polaris "Blue" oil like my Indy. I'm running Pennzoil marine 100% synthetic outboard oil and it's reasonably clean burning. I bought six one gallon bottles from China Mart a while ago. Not sure what they carry now.

From orbit via Android.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts