Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '95 425 Magnum 4x2, and it does not have the manual. Can anyone tell me what type of transmission fluid to use, and is there a specific weight of oil required? Also, what is the part number for the oil filter, and does the transmission have a filter? I searched, but found no results.

Is there a PDF service manual floating around out there anywhere? All the ones I have found online are for '96+

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fluids

Well in general all of the older polaris atvs ran on the same 0W40 oil and the same oil filter. Tranny fluid and fluid for ur diffs (if u have em but being a 95 im assuming you just have chain drive?) is another story. Im not sure how it all work on the 2wd so this is just from the best of my recolection from way back in the day. Anywho for all your fluids other, other than oil, Go to your polaris dealer to get them! Standard ATF is not the same consistancy as polaris ATF and it can FUBAR your wheeler. Personaly, I run all Polaris fluids and fuels in my bike just because, while it may be a bit more expensive to buy the same brand, thats what the machine was built on and its a hell of alot cheaper to buy fluid than a new bike. just my $.02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts