Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything I can use to flush the front diff to make sure it is nice and clean before adding new oil? Was thinking of spraying brake clean in there to flush it out than leave it to evaporate for a day or so!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Simple Green
The stuff is awsome, it cuts through grease and oil and when you rinse with water, it all goes away. Safe for enviroment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then how are you supposed to get the simple green and the water out of the diff??? I'm trying to get all the moisture out of there not add more!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Simple Green flushes out with water along with oil and crud that you're trying to clean out. Leave your drain and the fill plug out, as long as it's not freezing, the water will evaoporate.
Works for me and the fluid is not milky from water.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would use and have used varsol. Its oil based and everyone knows varsol tanks clean grease and oil. Add in 400ml of varsol or paint thinner(same thing but cheaper), run quad on jack stands for few minutes to clean diff., then dump. Add in new oil, a little but less than normal, run for few more minutes then dump that. That will get out all of cleaner. Add new oil to full and have fun...That worked for mine..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would use and have used varsol. Its oil based and everyone knows varsol tanks clean grease and oil. Add in 400ml of varsol or paint thinner(same thing but cheaper), run quad on jack stands for few minutes to clean diff., then dump. Add in new oil, a little but less than normal, run for few more minutes then dump that. That will get out all of cleaner. Add new oil to full and have fun...That worked for mine..
just finished doing that exact process thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts