Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I was thinking about putting an FMF High Flow header on my 05 tld Predator. I just had a few questions and wanted to see what all of you think! Here's the link...http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLARIS-500-PREDATOR-FMF-HI-FLOW-STAINLESS-HEAD-HEADER-PIPE-03-07-/231123611143?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d00a6e07&vxp=mtr

1) Good or bad upgrade?
2) I have a Pure Polaris silencer on it right now, is it a good mix with the FMF header?
3) Will I have to re[jet the carb?
4) Will I see any significant change in performance?(more hp, quciker, ect..)

Let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
521 Posts
it willl gain no hp and may lose hp, it will burn your leg also lol...........no rejetting required pp silencer is great............only aftermarket header too make power was the rath one which is almost unfindable..........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it willl gain no hp and may lose hp, it will burn your leg also lol...........no rejetting required pp silencer is great............only aftermarket header too make power was the rath one which is almost unfindable..........
Any thoughts on the CFM air box? Thanks for saving me $250! hahaha

·
Registered
521 Posts
cfm depends on how your using your quad really, kind of another expensive deal................if your in mud and water alot its good but so is the stock box............if your not in those conditions i say find an adapter and put a cone style filter........

go over too polarisproriders.com and take a look @ predator modifications and theres alot of intakes on there homeade ones that make great power and cfm boxes modified too make more power.......i rhode mine in the dry and ditched the box and put a uni filter right too the carb myself but again never in water or mud where i live........

also you can pull a bit more power from that pp slip on with the untouchable mod........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cfm depends on how your using your quad really, kind of another expensive deal................if your in mud and water alot its good but so is the stock box............if your not in those conditions i say find an adapter and put a cone style filter........

go over too polarisproriders.com and take a look @ predator modifications and theres alot of intakes on there homeade ones that make great power and cfm boxes modified too make more power.......i rhode mine in the dry and ditched the box and put a uni filter right too the carb myself but again never in water or mud where i live........

also you can pull a bit more power from that pp slip on with the untouchable mod........
What's the untouchable mod??

·
Registered
521 Posts
Untouchable....is when you place washers between the discs in the end cap making it seem like you have more discs.......ie discs are untouchable anymore unless you find a messed up pipe

·
Registered
50 Posts
ImageUploadedByOff-Road Forums1397522295.582673.jpg
Picked up the FMF High Flo and have been very happy with it. Outstanding performance gain, and looks as well. Ride in shorts occasionally and never had a problem burning anything, recommend highly.

·
Registered
521 Posts
View attachment 17837
Picked up the FMF High Flo and have been very happy with it. Outstanding performance gain, and looks as well. Ride in shorts occasionally and never had a problem burning anything, recommend highly.

the pipe is where you got your power not the header you probably lost some from the stock head pipe.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts