Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hung up my uniform and retired to Idaho. Living on a small farm. Sold my hot rod to buy my kids 4wheelers to have some family fun. Started doing some long needed maintenance. Realized I would need some help so I joined this forum.

Current project is my sons 06 Hawkeye 300 2x4.

Weld broke on left rear lower a arm bracket. Thing is welded to the entire sub frame. I have read that folks have bought repair brackets but I can’t find a part number or Point of Contact. I’m not a welder either.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I would remove the sub-frame and take it to a welding shop to have it repaired or (my personal option) buy a new sub frame (part 1014793-067 $465 MSRP $427 dealer cost)

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I'm on the new subframe band wagon. A good welder fabricator can make the broken subframe better then factory!!! But in my experience were there is one break there's another waiting to happen.

·
10,401 Posts
Have it welded. I'd get everything off and out of the way on that side and weld it right on the machine myself. Might add a little reinforcement if possible. Spray some Rustoleum on the repair and put it back together and go riding. Shouldn't cost more than about $25 to have it welded and a couple hours work on your part getting the stuff out of the way and putting it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts