Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did my snorkels this week I ditched the champion OEM plugs (still looked good btw) for a set of NGK BKR7EIX (iridiums). My 800 has a k&n air filter & triangle Atv snorkit but otherwise stock. Was averaging around 27-30 miles per tank until the fuel light flashed (terrible). First thing I noticed was a smoother idle. Especially when cold. We ride fast paced and my bikes stays around 4500rpm a lot. Filled her up with 87 yesterday (always use top tier gas) and rode around in the snow & water for a few hours yesterday. Same riding style/pace & warm up time as usual. Trip says almost 20 miles and all the bars are still black. Buddy of mine with an 06 700 swapped to the same plugs a few weeks ago with the same results. Hope this helps some of you like it did us!

·
Registered
615 Posts
That's a heck of a difference! Wish I could figure out a fix for my 96 Sportsman 400. Last time I had a weekend to ride, I was getting about 30-35 miles a tank. That's not going to be fun on an 8 day trip to Hatfield McCoy this July :motz:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a heck of a difference! Wish I could figure out a fix for my 96 Sportsman 400. Last time I had a weekend to ride, I was getting about 30-35 miles a tank. That's not going to be fun on an 8 day trip to Hatfield McCoy this July :motz:

I'll have to check & see what our 2 stroke sporty gets next time I think about it. Both it & the 500 get wayyyyy better mileage than the 800, but the 800 has been known to ride a wheelie past the other 2 in a race. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am curious, any change on the throttle response?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am curious, any change on the throttle response?

Definitely has a little more torque off the holeshot but I'm thinking it's a combination between the snorkels, 12 degree air & plugs together. It runs noticeably better thru out the range though I can say that

·
Registered
28 Posts
did you set the gap to 0.35 ? ore left it how it came?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you set the gap to 0.35 ? ore left it how it came?

Checked them. Very Close to correct gap but no gapping iridium plugs. So left them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Holy shit. I did 110 miles my last day at HMT a few weeks ago. Topped the tank off once during the day.
My old Renegade 500 used to get 125 miles on a 5 gallon tank.
I'd be ditching that shit before you go.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah it's not going to make the trip. I've picked up an 07 Scrammy and my wife found an almost new 2010 Trailblazer 330. They both seem to sip gas. We did a weekend of leisurely riding, probably about 40-45 miles, and she only burned a little more than 1/4 tank and I used about 3/8-1/2 tank.

·
Registered
28 Posts
there in:veryhappy:
did not drive it yet so nu numbers about the mileage ,but it runs allot better with the ngk iridiums IX
normal i did hear a constant slight misfire ore resonanse at idle ,thats gone :)

very happy thanks for the tip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts