Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a Polaris dealership. He is showing on his website this quad for $3600. To me that seems like a decent price for a 2010. Any issues with these models. I am just getting into quads. Have 3 sleds but no quads. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
That sounds really cheap.... I'd beat it's in really tough shape. :dunno: But if he's a "friend" and ownes a dealership give him a call and get the skinny on it!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
That sounds really cheap.... I'd beat it's in really tough shape. :dunno: But if he's a "friend" and ownes a dealership give him a call and get the skinny on it!!
WELCOME!!

Nothing major about them, NO. Couple lil things that may or may not show up. Overall great reliable machines.

I agree with MBN, get the skinny on it, its a good $1500 cheaper then a good lo price. ;) At least around here.

CW

·
Registered
94 Posts
That wouldn't happen to be located at Ritchie power sports in Athens/maryville tn would it? That seems like a good price, might be abused and that's why it's sooooo cheap.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My '09 800 Touring was awesome. Rad location was a bit of a pain to keep clean on muddy rides but that's just part of riding. The starter bendix in my was getting sticky just before I traded. The mechanic tells me that is a fairly common polaris trait and it really isn't a big deal. The 800 bendix is a little tougher to deal with because the flywheel has to be pulled to change it and I don't think the other engines do.

The engine is a little loud and buzzy but I really didn't notice it until I got the 850. Overall great bike and no complaints. Sounds like a great deal if it has been looked after.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The pics show what looks to be in decent shape / clean machine...... how many miles & hours? I'd guess them to be higher. May need rubber soon, hard to tell from pictures?? Check it out and snag it if it's clean.... if it is that's a great price and a good machine. I love mine!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Maybe is has a ton of miles on it which isn't always a bad thing. Looks good from the pics. Ask to take it for a rip and beat the snot out of it. Jack it up and check for play in the suspension, wheels bearings, tie rods... etc

·
Registered
164 Posts
For that kinda. $$$$ you could afford to put more in it and have a nice ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer friend tells me that it was locally owned by a man in his 50's. Has 6491 miles and 724 hours. Always serviced by my friends dealership. He traded it for one with power steering. I am thinking I may buy this unit.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
That's not a bad price & it doesn't look beat up. That's a lot of hours but if you like it buy it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Pull the trigger! Go for it.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Congrats & enjoy!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Congratulations!!