1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
729 Posts
MustBeNice might be able to help you out on that .
I think he got a skull from somewhere and mounted it on his.
The Lone Wolf is cool I like it , You might want to change your forum name after you install it - lol.

·
Registered
815 Posts
$65!? Jeez thats pricy

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks cool..... No special thread, it's the diameter seen below with 6 "ribs" (3 front & 3 back side).

To remove your factory shifter, pop the top cap off via small screw driver or pocket knife. Then there is a single screw under the cap, remove that and the handle of the shift knob will slide/lift off. Now your left with the metal shifter lever with the ribs (kinda looks like a human spine (for lack of a better description).

I had to grind down the ribs slightly to get the blind hole of my skull knob to fit down onto it. It then fastened with 2-3 set screws near the base (which I applied a small amount of Loctite on to secure). I left as much of the rib as I could so the factory shifter could be reinstalled later (if need be). As the ribs keep the factory knob from spinning.

How do those knobs your looking at attach?

EDIT: After looking closer you'd want the "UN 2 Master - Non Threaded". Which should have different sleeves/inserts and the set screw attachment. But make your own decision!!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
That's a nice knob, but I seriously pricey.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies.. I like it, kinda like me , I prefer to be alone then in a pack.. lol
Never know may just end up changing my name after.. lol
As for price, not really a concern, considering the price of some of the things I have added to my bike..
Go with out beer and smokes for a week and ill save more then enough to buy it.. lol
Plus, this will probably be the last mod for awhile if ever.. So tweak it out well I can ;)

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Thanks for the replies.. I like it, kinda like me , I prefer to be alone then in a pack.. lol
Never know may just end up changing my name after.. lol
As for price, not really a concern, considering the price of some of the things I have added to my bike..
Go with out beer and smokes for a week and ill save more then enough to buy it.. lol
Plus, this will probably be the last mod for awhile if ever.. So tweak it out well I can ;)
It's not so much the cost compared to other parts. It's the cost for something that serves 0 purpose but to look good. I'm all about function before form so getting stuff just to make it look good doesn't ever sit well with my pocket book. It's got to have a benefit besides just looks for me to spend money on it.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It's not so much the cost compared to other parts. It's the cost for something that serves 0 purpose but to look good. I'm all about function before form so getting stuff just to make it look good doesn't ever sit well with my pocket book. It's got to have a benefit besides just looks for me to spend money on it.
For me these items at that certain custom feeling that makes it mine and sets it apart from the rest...... I'm generally labeled as "thrifty" by my bro & father-in-laws, but that's okay with me! If these things "add personal value", then they are well worth every penny. For me I usually like "form, fit and function"!! It will still shift..... maybe better ergo's for the hand to grip!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts