Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only happening In revers... Does the cam need to be replaced?
When I fill the rad with water it is all leaking out through this little hole, it looks like there is suppose to be some kind of plug in it or something?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Press the yellow button in reverse.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh okay :p I thought that was just for the 4x4 to work when in revers? And do you have any idea what that hole is?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it hard to replace the seal? Or can I just use something to plug the hole so it won't leak right now? Cuz it is overheating really badly after like 15-20 minutes of riding it /:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Not real hard to do the seal, not real cheap either. Plugging it will just push the coolant into your crank case and cause bigger problems. Fix it and don't ride it till you do. Everett time you overheat it you risk doing severe damage to the engine. Do a search on here and you will find plenty of posts on how to do it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not real hard to do the seal, not real cheap either. Plugging it will just push the coolant into your crank case and cause bigger problems. Fix it and don't ride it till you do. Everett time you overheat it you risk doing severe damage to the engine. Do a search on here and you will find plenty of posts on how to do it.
X2 on what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
weep hole and its there to indicate a leaking water pump seal. Replace the seal is the only way to fix it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it the mechanical seal that I need to change or is it some other seal??? This is what I've done so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should probably replace the oil seal to right? just incase it gets damaged in the process of taking out the water seal, and also so that i dont have to worry about it afterwords.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts