Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks like it's hard to keep the wheels down from a dead stop launch!

·
Registered
170 Posts
So that is what the ground looks like again, been months since I have seen anything like that! Looks like they had a ton of fun, can't say I would be screwing around on my 1000 that hard without a helmet.....but maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
that thing is a friggin' animal.. Wow.. Looks like those are full on power wheelies he's doing.. He's not just popping the front end, finding the tipping point and holding it there.. The HP seems to be capable of forcing the front end to stay up..

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'll be surprised if it doesn't snap axles on occasion, even in 2wd. That bad boy is a beast!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be surprised if it doesn't snap axles on occasion, even in 2wd. That bad boy is a beast!
I was thinking the same thing...wondering if the stock cv's, axles, etc, etc will hold up??

it is just a monster....dealer just called me a few minutes ago...the one they had on order has already been sold (I dicked around too long!!!!:() He was to call me when he had a date of arrival..someone walked in and paid cash without it being there yet (cant blame the dealer on that one)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah that looks quite impressive. I couldn't tell which was the 1000 though. Figure its the dude with the the goggles and mask. He seemed to have more power.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dang that machine is a beast! Looks like it has tons of power. I can't wait to get out and ride!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...wondering if the stock cv's, axles, etc, etc will hold up??

it is just a monster....dealer just called me a few minutes ago...the one they had on order has already been sold (I dicked around too long!!!!:() He was to call me when he had a date of arrival..someone walked in and paid cash without it being there yet (cant blame the dealer on that one)
Yea, that throttle hit, repeatedly done..... Guys are gonna be hammering it just cuz IT'S SO FUN !!! I would.

Over time, that's a lot of stress. Hopefully not cause....IT'S SO FUN !!!

Mudder humper looks like it would power wheelie forever.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Took mine out tonight in semi snow pack for more "break in" time....that sucker indeed raises up even in AWD with heavy driver and winch, now surely BH's help but holy crap. FYI-- even low gear is still crazy ass powerful..haven't caught anyone mentioning that yet.

I am excited and nervous about what solid traction will do, breaking axels is certainly in the back of my mind. I have owned 2 quadzilla's (LT500R), honda ATC's, and sportsmans(500, 700, 800, 850)...this is by far my favorite, even if it may cost as much as all of the above right now....ha ha

·
Registered
294 Posts
These things are too much fun. There's 4 feet of powder on the ground right now and you just lean back and float through like a sled. A few more days itll be warm enough to do pavement drag races. The sheer torque of the 1000 is just awesome. I can't wait til my clutch kit and everything is installed

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
wonder if the 1000 has bigger axles than the 850. if so maybe an upgrade when someone ends up parting one out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
They're not noticeably larger...if at all. I haven't broke one on the 850 yet, but I try to keep it out of the mud as much as possible. Guess we will see what the 28s do to it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts