Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.. My name is shaun and I am new here. I'n to hot rods and playing music.. Here are a couple shots of the hot rods:

63 Chevy pick up with an LS1/4L80E trans

Video of some track passes: http://73-ls1.com/63truck/track4-4/sac_april_08_low_res.wmv

73 Camaro with solid roller ls1 and 91mm turbo set up

So, why am I here?? Well, I picked up a 250 Trail Boss for free today. Previous owner said it ran a couple years ago but stopped usin it as they were using a 4wd version for hunting. I plan on using it on my property and also in the pits at the race track. But, I know nothing about it right now. So by the pics, can any of you tell me:

2 Stroke or 4 Stroke?
6v or 12v?
Any thing I need to know before i try chargin up the batterey and hitting the start button?

Thanks!!

Pics of the Polaris in question:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
WOW welcome to the board!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well at lease you can fix it from being a basket case! Look to Dirty dog Dale he will know. Now we want to see after pics with it super charger on it! Is the turbo done?

·
Registered
563 Posts
The VIN is 17 digits.If you get that,we can tell you a few things about it

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome Brother!!!! sweet rides.....MUDDIE49:arco:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome.. i'll see if I can find a different number..

The Camaro will be some time out, got laid off in March so funds are a little tight. That's a 91mm turbo on it. However, the truck is running better than ever making a new best of 449hp all motor with out N20 a few weeks ago. I need to hook a couple lines up and it will be ready for the 300 hit going to it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks like 93 year model

2-stroke /don't trust the oil pump disconnect it and mix it urself in the main tank
it's two wheel drive but that's ok u put some 24" vamps on it and she go though most anything
definantly 12 volt /the stator is split into two parts one controls spark for the motor the other is for lights and batt.
it does have a rev limiter on it / to bypass simply connect the two wires together
be careful taking this two stroke in the water it's very hard to get sealed up and if u cut off she'll suck water and mud right in the motor
there are no reed valves on this model so it releys on compression to deliver gas properly and in the right direction
over all a pretty good bike though good luck...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
That is a 1990 Trailboss 250. From what I am guessing. In those older Polaris models the Vin# was not 17 digits. A 17 digit vin# occurred around 1997 on Polaris atv's. The model and serial(VIN) should be near the gear shifter. The model number will begin with a W followed by about six numbers. For example W907527 is a 1990 Trailboss 250 2wd.
I know this is a old thread but I wanted to reply to it to help you or others out.
What did you do with this Trailboss? Did you get it running?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts