Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to buy a Ranger 500. Dealer wants $945 for freight from factory and $395 for Freight, PDI (whatever that is) and setup ADM. Sounds excessive. that puts it right back to MSRP with the rebates.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Find another dealer! Freight and set up charges are BS! The place I work doesn't charge any extra fees. Discounted price...About $300 over invoice to start with. The only addition to that price is tax and title if you are from Illinois. Out of state purchaser doesn't have to pay that. Of 1600 Polaris dealerships in the US, this one is rate 96th for sales. Family owned store with the closest town of 2500 people. NW corner of Illinois. Just had a customer buy a Ranger crew Northstar with Ride Command from us. Added a lot of accessories and had it shipped to his winter place in Arizona cheaper than he could buy it there.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks stave7119. I found a dealer in Portland OR that gave me great deal. In fact, all of the OR dealers I contacted limited their fees to registration only and were honest and easy to talk to.

·
9,871 Posts
Yeah, if they were gonna try to gouge you like that on BS extra fees you don't want anything to do with them.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Glad you found a good dealer!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Shop around for out the door prices. I found a local small dealer who told me that he took pride in not charging all the BS fees that the big dealers around me charge. His out the door price was almost 1000.00 more then what the big dealer was with the fees. They all find a way to try to get the money, weather they call them fees, or a higher starting price.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
The honest dealers don’t. Mine starts the price at $300 over invoice. The only thing added is sales tax and title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts