Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Hey Bob....if you want to beat the Polaris bandwagon with your vast knowledge of, Polaris says to use it, for your FACTs then I can play devils advocate with my facts that actually have been proven on this forum many times over, by myself and other members by using the alternatives....with no damage whatsoever. Lets just face the other set of facts...you're a Polaris fan boy as far as their lubes...and that's definitely a big Fact. We can have a difference of opinion but when you keep preaching that there are no alternatives, you will hear from people who know better. Show is all where any damage has occurred from using something other than your liquid gold PS-4 or their other overpriced fluids. We are waiting for those facts
When someone can produce documented facts to back up their claims, then it is legitimate. When someone likes to claim fact, just because someone else says it is so, then it is a theory, or in more simple terms, a guess. I don't know that I've ever said there is no alternative to Polaris fluids, but when someone doesn't know with certainty what that correct alternative might be, then I always recommend they use what is called for by the manufacturer.
You say you have proven many times over that your theory is correct. Show me the testing and proof to back that guess. I am waiting for those facts. There are a couple on here who have actually had testing done, or have done the research, to prove themselves. You have not, and that's definitely a big FACT!
So I guess real world testing doesn't count for anything. You keep your written data and I'll keep my atv running perfectly with alternative fluids while you're busy reading. You're smarter than this Bob
Just read the highlighted line above one more time. This is the point I'm trying to get across. The other arguments will go on until the end of time....:)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
When someone can produce documented facts to back up their claims, then it is legitimate. When someone likes to claim fact, just because someone else says it is so, then it is a theory, or in more simple terms, a guess. I don't know that I've ever said there is no alternative to Polaris fluids, but when someone doesn't know with certainty what that correct alternative might be, then I always recommend they use what is called for by the manufacturer.
You say you have proven many times over that your theory is correct. Show me the testing and proof to back that guess. I am waiting for those facts. There are a couple on here who have actually had testing done, or have done the research, to prove themselves. You have not, and that's definitely a big FACT!
So I guess real world testing doesn't count for anything. You keep your written data and I'll keep my atv running perfectly with alternative fluids while you're busy reading. You're smarter than this Bob
Just read the highlighted line above one more time. This is the point I'm trying to get across. The other arguments will go on until the end of time....:)
I don't know where you have been but TX Ronnie has flooded this forum with test results and Hatzie has also shown data to confirm that some of the alternatives are as good or better than Polaris fluids. I guess a person just cant ride 24000 miles on two different Polaris machines using alternatives without a breakdown according to you , but it has happened and there are multiple people on this forum that have ridden thousands of miles ( including myself) and have experienced no problems whatsoever. You have even spoken of trying alternatives yourself, but when a question is asked of you about what fluids to use its always the same answer..Polaris, and you have never posted any data comfirming those fluids to be better than alternatives, you just go on the premise that if Polaris states they are the fluids to use they must be the only fluids to use. Well I go on the premise that if the alternatives can go as many miles as TX Ronnie has traveled on them without problems...they must be some pretty good fluids. We're going to just have to agree to disagree, but one thing never mentioned is that Polaris is in business to MAKE MONEY and if you think that their fluid division wasn't designed to do exactly that you must be living in a dream world. There should be absolutely no reason that their fluids should be priced as high as they are unless it is to take advantage of unassuming people who know no better than to rush to their dealers and lay down their hard earned cash thinking they are paying so much more because their product is such a superior product. And we all know that isn't the case. Good riding Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me get this straight. T6 J20-C are both good so what else do I need to change the fluids. I have 2 many polaris bikes to change fluids.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hilliard front diff gets J20C or equivalent UTF like Tractor Supply Traveler UTF. Don't run synthetic in the Hilliard diff the overrunning clutch will slip longer than it should.
Motor gets Rotella T6 or any good Synthetic racing or diesel oil in 0W40 or 5W40 or 5W50.
Transmission gets Synthetic Chaincase oil. Motor oil doesn't have the anti-foaming additives and ATF isn't full synthetic at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hilliard front diff gets J20C or equivalent UTF like Tractor Supply Traveler UTF. Don't run synthetic in the Hilliard diff the overrunning clutch will slip longer than it should.
Motor gets Rotella T6 or any good Synthetic racing or diesel oil in 0W40 or 5W40 or 5W50.
Transmission gets Synthetic Chaincase oil. Motor oil doesn't have the anti-foaming additives and ATF isn't full synthetic at a reasonable price.

Is this the tractor supply equivalent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I like visiting my dealer, good bunch of people. Like checking out the new toys......
I run Polaris in the trans/rear diff and Polaris in the front.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Great info in this thread.
Do you have recommendations on oil filters for the 570?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Purolator L14610 or L14612 are what i use, though in my area they are getting harder to find. Wal-Mart dropped them and Meijer is hit or miss.
I've got one left that'll get installed soon for spring/early summer riding. If I can't find more. Purolators, I think I'll give the Napa FIL 1356 a shot.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could you tell me which chaincase oil you use?

·
9,484 Posts
The last post in this thread was more than three years ago.
Polaris tranny oil or Amsoil chaincase lube.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Amsoil Chaincase oil.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts