Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have the front and rear rack extenders for The 570 Sportsman? I just went to install and the hardware doesn't match directions for either? I even have washers in packet which aren't even listed on assembly. I'm a big direction follower, so I get a bit crazy when hardware and directions don't align. thanks for any help you may have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have them on front and rear. I cant remember where the washers are but you do have to drill the front rack for the two in the middle. I can look in the am and let you know for sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's strange, the directions don't call for washers, yet they are provided, and the screws call for separate lengths yet they are all the same size. Also, the rear bolts are black while the front are a stainless (silver color). I think the dealer taped the wrong hardware too them. Don't go through any trouble looking, but appreciate the offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the front rack. I remember there being a "WTF, how does that work?" moment when a buddy and I installed it... I'll look at mine today and see how it is if nobody beats me to it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
On the front, there should be 4 bolts the same length and then there are 2 more that are the same length as each other that are for the 2 holes you have to drill. I thing the washers go with the 4 long bolts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 4 that are the same, along with the separate 2 makes sense then, as do the washers. I wonder why Polaris wouldn't include the washers and various size bolts in the instructions?? Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know right. The longer ones are for the sides were you have run the bolt through the bar on the storage rack.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yep, washers on the two short ones. Just incase when I did mine I didn't pay attention and put the bars on the side on backwards. There is a bend and you can put them back on the wrong way. (speaking from experience) lol. Good luck.
Frank

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, washers on the two short ones. Just incase when I did mine I didn't pay attention and put the bars on the side on backwards. There is a bend and you can put them back on the wrong way. (speaking from experience) lol. Good luck.
Frank
Thanks for looking into and the info... will definitely pay attention to right side them. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts