Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2016 Sportsman 570 Touring, there is a chinging nosie coming from the front axles is seems. Sounds like a light clacking, with a chinging noise (almost like key chain rattling), does this when driving straight at all speeds, not any worse when turning.
I lifted the front end up and spun the tire, but it would not make the noise. However I did notice the left front wheel seems to have lot more slop in the outer cv joint than the right side. It really makes a clacking noise instead of nice and tight.
the wheel bearing seem okay, no slop at all. The axle seems nice and tight on the cv joint, but its the wheel that has slop
I have only 2100 miles on it, and only do easy trail riding, no mudding, etc.

Ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:
It ended up being brake pads rattling! Would have never thought of that, but I someone mentioned pad rattling. I found a video with the noise and repair required. Just needed to put some shims in the top and bottom guide pin holes to tighten up worn pad slots.
Instantly solved the issue....
So anyone experiencing weird rattling/clanking noise, check your brake pads for being too loose around the guide pins

1 - 2 of 2 Posts