Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove my front axle on my 850 and it won't come out of diff, I have pulled on that thing so much I feel like a 14 yr old. Any suggestions on getting it out would be appreciated. I noticed a bolt on both sides of the diff where the axle goes in I don't think that has anything to do with it there is nothing about it in the manual

·
Registered
806 Posts
They're just in there damn tight. Soak it with P B'laster or whatever your favorite penetrating aerosol oil is. And pull harder. If you're very careful sometimes you can use 2 pry bars to pop it out of the diff.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Just a clip on a splined shaft holding it in, and whatever corrosion has built up over the years. Couple of pry bars behind it or long screwdrivers could help. Someone here the other day had a nice piece they built out of a piece of steel tubing with a tab on each end. One to slip behind the axle and the other end to hit with a hammer like a slide hammer. On my list of things to build when I get some time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got it out, had some rust on the splines but man did I have to yank that thing, lots of anti seize going on the shaft when it goes back in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts