Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i put my 2" lift on my 2005 sportsman 700 the front cv joints popped out. I popped them back together and they works for a while one came apart in a mud hole a couple days later. My questions is can i rebuild them or should i just buy new axles? Also has anyone used the Sixity XT Series axles on ebay? I have heard lots of good stuff abt rhino and gorilla just not sure which way to go. 2" spacer lift should be find with stock length axles right?

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
kaboom ! same here ...
I think I'll go with something stronger... If I were able to brake OEM polaris , then this Sixty probably will not last any longer... so what else is on the market besides Gorilla , Cobra and Rhino ?
Edit. I'm not looking for any lifts, just want stronger axles that will last for longer...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The Sixity brand are just re-branded "Interparts" brand axles from china.... only difference is the different flashy (mind game - perception) logo on the box, exact same parts!! Same goes for the Caiman from AmericanCV.

I learned all this when I was doing research for rear axles on the Sportsman 400 this past fall/winter.... when I called both companies and heard it straight from the sales person from both.

Note.... when they come from Ebay, they do not carry any type of warranty!!

So in other words, if going this route.... I'd at least buy a set with some sort of warranty and not just the "tail light warranty"!! Or buy as cheap as possible and roll the dice!!

Or upgrade to the brand (don't recall the name, just remember the ad) that states they offer "greater CV angles" in the telescoping joint (machine side) connection!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts