·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
I have no idea how that will work out for you. However, it does say this

Mighty-Lite ATV Front Rack
Manufacturer: Great Day Inc.
MPN: MLFR50
Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer's
FITS: Most ATVs (not compatible with Polaris ATVs)
Not for use on ATV's with a front basket or plastic front rack.
Best suited for ATV's with a factory installed round metal front rack.
Made in USA

With a little work, most anything is adaptable.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea how that will work out for you. However, it does say this

Mighty-Lite ATV Front Rack
Manufacturer: Great Day Inc.
MPN: MLFR50
Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer's
FITS: Most ATVs (not compatible with Polaris ATVs)
Not for use on ATV's with a front basket or plastic front rack.
Best suited for ATV's with a factory installed round metal front rack.
Made in USA

With a little work, most anything is adaptable.
Yes. You are correct. It definitely does say that. Well, most anything is adaptable indeed. I like what you said. I will five it a try. Worse case scenario I return it to the vendor.

Thank you

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For some reason I can't edit my last post.

I like that this rack is aluminum. If I have to drill a few holes into it or fab some mounts then I'll do so. At least I know it won't rust at the holes

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Be sure to post up some pictures of the finished product. Curious to see how it turns out. Rack space is in short supply on the Touring's if the backrest is left in place.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely will. I hope that it works out good and I can post pics to help others because as you stated, there isn't much for these tourings

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be sure to post up some pictures of the finished product. Curious to see how it turns out. Rack space is in short supply on the Touring's if the backrest is left in place.
Do you hapen to know how many inches there are on the rear deck between the back seat amd the end of the ATV? I'd measure it myself but won't get to my ATV for the next few days.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Do you happen to know how many inches there are on the rear deck between the back seat and the end of the ATV? I'd measure it myself but won't get to my ATV for the next few days.
It looks like about 10-1/2" - 11". Can't get an exact measurement without taking off either my rack bag, or the dog carrier on the wife's, but I'm close with my measurement.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you happen to know how many inches there are on the rear deck between the back seat and the end of the ATV? I'd measure it myself but won't get to my ATV for the next few days.
It looks like about 10-1/2" - 11". Can't get an exact measurement without taking off either my rack bag, or the dog carrier on the wife's, but I'm close with my measurement.
Thank you! Sounds good. I already ordered it so I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I just have it zip tied for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm seriously considering just buying some heavy duty zip ties. There are some that are rated at 120lbs each. With a few of those that rack isn't going anywhere. Plus, no rust. And since they're black they won't stand iut ad much.

BTW, the big gas tank represents the size of my cooler (13"). I will only take the smaller gas tank but I have 2 of those

·
Registered
46 Posts
My ATV: 2017 1000 touring. The installed rack (shown above) is advertised as a front rack. It appears to be installed in the rear. Did you look at other rear racks/baskets? Any aluminum?
The front touring storage box, in my opinion, is useless (4-5" depth). I was thinking I could mount a basket to the front storage box (4 drilled holes w/ SS hdwr, rubber washers). The rear is the problem obviously. I have a collection of Internet links mainly showing rear racks/baskets. The 1/2 dozen links have a seat indentations. I guess I'll chose one and make it fit

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok. I just have it zip tied for now.
I like that. I've been down that road of looking for option for storage and carrying capability for a while now. To the point that I am just considering a side by side of some sort for the bed space. The only thing I see as an issue right off on your set up is that you have over half the rack hanging off the back of the wheeler. That is going to put stress on the factory rack and all the tie down connections. I would slide it further forward. If your cooler won't fit, I'd go find on that will. Just my opinion.

Post up some pics of the final product!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have Polaris brushguards front and back and the back is tapered. Any drop in basket will not rest totally on the brushguards. Also the brushguard will force any drop-in basket further back aft making support for the basket worse, it has to be a flat basket.
In regards to CB73 comment, what if I mount the flat basket to pipe (square stock-channel) or 2 x 3 x 6's and mount that to the ATV, I could run that underlying system (channel/wood) anywhere i want to support the load in the basket including a brace. in other words, build a foundation for the flat basket and mount the foundation to the ATV, not the basket

1 - 16 of 16 Posts