Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok boys, I've done my share of searching on here for aftermarket oils for my 2013 500 sportsman. As for the motor oil I will be using 0W40 or 5W50, but I can't seem a definitive answer as to what grade oils for the front diff and transmission oils. Is it just gear oil like 80W90 or something?

Can someone point me in the right direction here please? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,026 Posts
Haven't heard of any substitutes for the Oem front diff and tranny/rear diff fluid.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not what I want to hear but probably explains why I haven't seen anything on here about it. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...I found that just as you posted here.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I use the same oil in the tranny as I do i the motor, Castrol Edge 5-30 as for the front diff, they are picky, I use the POLARIS Demand Drive, Rear Diff , SYnthetic 80-90

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
i use quaker state 5w30 durable synthetic in the transmission. i hear the the front diff can use mobil 1 synthetic atf but don't quote me on that one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All polaris' stupid names got me scrwed up too. But i have gotten aboard the monil one ship.

2 litres mobil 1 0-40 for motor
38 oz of 5w20 synthetic for the trans
75w90 synthetic gear o for the rear diff
And mobil 1 synthetic atf for the front diff.
All coupled with a bosch 3323 filter

Don't use the adc so i haven't changed it yet.
This guy in another thread goes by this.The 500 to my understanding has no rear diff as it's part of the transmission but calls for AGL so I would use 5W20 or maybe as RussC said 5W30. As for front difff synthetic atf.As for motor oil I would use 0W40 or 5W50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts