Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Some say you can, but I've always stuck with the Polaris Demand Drive Fluid just to make sure I don't have any problems. It's not that expensive and you get 2 to 3 changes out of 1 quart.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Some say you can, but I've always stuck with the Polaris Demand Drive Fluid just to make sure I don't have any problems. It's not that expensive and you get 2 to 3 changes out of 1 quart.
Agree - why not just use the Polaris Demand Drive Fluid? Are you trying to find something better? How extreme are you on your ATV's?

1 quart bottle will last over 3 changes and you can order it on Amazon and have it delivered in 2-days. Doesn't get any easier than that.

I know people use other brands for the engine oil but for the Front Diff and Transmission - I just stick with Polaris Brand.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What I hear the most is use whatever you want for engine oil and rear diff, but stick with the polaris stuff for the front diff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
2008 Sportsman 500 HO EFI, I use Mobil 1 for everything:

• Oil: Mobil 1 0W40 Synthetic
  • Trans: Mobil 1 5W20 Synthetic
  • Front Diff / ADC: Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF or you could use Mobil 424 (ATF was easier for me to find locally).
To each their own though.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I second (or third, maybe fourth) the vote for Polaris demand drive fluid. It’s not that expensive and the front diff just doesn’t hold much. I’m not a die hard Polaris fluid guy like I once was, but I still use their stuff in the tranny and front diff.
But I also agree that Mobil 1 synthetic ATF is a solid substitute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts