Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
no sh!t that sux!! are you the first owner? since youre in there are you or did you do a bearing and seal kit? also have you upgraded the input cover?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
First owner , haven’t had much luck with 2 850 XP’s , 1 scrambler 1k and 850 xp touring and 1k touring. This is the first diff issue I have had. For some reason I just keep supporting Polaris 👎🏻👎🏻!! Bearings are good , I did change out the seals and I already had the billet pinion cover. Somebody make a quad with a smooth Polaris ride , can am total motor , Honda reliability and I be like “ take my money please”

·
9,885 Posts
Hey polman500 if I were to use this cage I have and not run the 2nd armature plate would the diff still work as normal minus the ADC ? Just thinking instead of re shipping parts and waiting that I would put it back together minus the BD armature plate if it works . I don’t use ADC ever and could care less if it was working or not.
Sorry, ain't got a clue if that would work?

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
First owner , haven’t had much luck with 2 850 XP’s , 1 scrambler 1k and 850 xp touring and 1k touring. This is the first diff issue I have had. For some reason I just keep supporting Polaris 👎🏻👎🏻!! Bearings are good , I did change out the seals and I already had the billet pinion cover. Somebody make a quad with a smooth Polaris ride , can am total motor , Honda reliability and I be like “ take my money please”
Oh man if they made that it would be a home run.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So here’s a update , I installed super Atv sprague and rollers and new armature plates. Took it out for a good ride yesterday and same dam thing! Climbing hills in the snow or any load the front diff sounds like it’s going to grenade. Awd works as it should until the noise starts then nothing . At a loss

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If anyone else has had the same issue and found a fix please let me know. At this point I’m leaning toward a new very expensive side cover 😰

·
Registered
212 Posts
disconnect the front diff harness and go try it again, if it does make a harness to use temporarily to activate 4x4 with a switch and fuse on positive feed directly to the battery, that will eliminate any elect issues u could be having, put a charger on the battery and full charge it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It activates the awd no problem, what I’m thinking are the magnets or coil are too weak to hold the armature plates under heavy load . That’s all I can think of at the moment

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don’t feel it’s coming out of awd and the awd system works as it should all day long until you put it under heavy load

·
9,885 Posts
That sounds to me like splines stripped out or something. How do the axle splines and output hub splines look? How tight are they?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
They are good , I looked them over very carefully With no signs of stripping. I know on the rzr forums lots of guys are having the exact same issue with their diffs when rock crawling. They change the cage , armature plates and side covers without knowing which one solves the issue. That is why I’m leaning towards a new side cover

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok so here we go ! Put the quad up against a log pile gave it a little gas and at the same time focused where the noise was, I swear it still sounds like the front end but to my surprise the shaft was not spinning On the diff. Considering I have a bolt through the front where the roll pin is and the back shows no sign of stripping I’m now thinking it’s in the transmission. I don’t know where to start because I’ve never tore into the tranny and I’m at a loss

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Can anyone tell me why the ratcheting noise would do this in H,L,and Reverse so I can narrow this down?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts